Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Agree, shame about attitude/wreckless challenges, because he is a match winner.

great goal for galatasaray

A fantastic goal, but...........thought it was quite interesting, the lack of enthusiasm from his colleagues after the goal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I liked Andone, but where he lacked was really shown this weekend. Connolly and Maupay do not strike you, initially, as brilliant hold up players......but the BOTH of them had boots like glue at the weekend. The ball just stuck to them in a way Andone couldn't ever really do (hence a few silly challenges following poor first touches).

Having 2 strikers who carry a threat in behind but can also hold it is just an absolute blessing for a team like us.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I liked Andone, but where he lacked was really shown this weekend. Connolly and Maupay do not strike you, initially, as brilliant hold up players......but the BOTH of them had boots like glue at the weekend. The ball just stuck to them in a way Andone couldn't ever really do (hence a few silly challenges following poor first touches).

Having 2 strikers who carry a threat in behind but can also hold it is just an absolute blessing for a team like us.

You're not wrong, but today Andone for me is a better player than Connolly (accepting Connolly is young and will be great in future). Andone is goal scorer a complete pest and makes good runs. His issues are not in ability. He's good enough a player to be in our first team squad.... His temper/recklessness has let the team down badly, and if he's a bit of a knob as some allude and affects squad harmony, it's a Shame as he's a v.good player

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

In particular, Connolly’s hold up play has been astonishingly good. Gives lie to the theory that you need a big fella to hold it and get midfielders into the game.

I’m going to put Andone and Maupay on the same level on this one. Can hold it up ok, but much more effective spinning and running in behind. Andone would look better in this side than the one last year.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I believe there’s a way back for Andone if he wants it, though I’m not sure he does want it, at least not enough.

But if he made the mother of all grovelling apologies to the manager and the squad and made a genuine pledge to keep quiet whilst he worked to get a place back then I think GP will reason that a rehabilitated Andone would be a very useful addition and won’t hold a grudge. Just to be clear, I don’t think this is the most likely scenario. I’m not ruling it out though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I hope he does well in Turkey, solely so we get a decent fee for him

He's not coming back.

If not him, then it would be great to get a player like him (well his onfield attributes anyway)

We’re currently playing two strikers who’s game is about pace, movement and running in behind. Imagine if we had another one, or two players who could do a similar job. From an oppo Centre back point of view, 65 mins of being run into the ground by Maupay and Connolly and then fresh legs coming on in that position doing something very similar would get us plenty of goals a season just through tiring defences.

Not going to criticise Maupay, but there was one moment in the second half when he tracked back, then he had a chance to be set clear out on the right but seemed strangely unable to make the run. When the games are coming thick and fast another similar option in that position will benefit us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Definitely not!

Gyokeres, Taylor Richards, Radulovic, Cashman or Tau maybe - but Bony? Pffft...................

I think it’s likely that we have a recall option as standard on pretty much every loan deal we make. (My thinking being, we’re loaning from a position of strength, the club needs the player more than we need to loan to that particular club). So it wouldn’t surprise me to see one or two recalled in January. Tau being the most intriguing (and complicated) possibility.

From the u23s, Taylor Richards is coming on in leaps and bounds more likely to be competing for Trossard or Gross position than a central striker. I doubt GP will be thinking that now two have come from the youth team, the conveyor belt can just stop.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it’s likely that we have a recall option as standard on pretty much every loan deal we make. (My thinking being, we’re loaning from a position of strength, the club needs the player more than we need to loan to that particular club). So it wouldn’t surprise me to see one or two recalled in January. Tau being the most intriguing (and complicated) possibility.

From the u23s, Taylor Richards is coming on in leaps and bounds more likely to be competing for Trossard or Gross position than a central striker. I doubt GP will be thinking that now two have come from the youth team, the conveyor belt can just stop.
Yes, I think it's very likely that we have recall options on all our loanees - the young ones anyway. Not so sure about the likes of Knocky though. But I don't think we'll trigger them in January - the only circumstances where we would is if a player isn't getting the game time we hoped for - Mlakar at QPR for instance - and then putting them out for a half season somewhere else.
Agree about Taylor Richards - same probably applies to Gyokeres too, and Molumbey when he returns. Happy days!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think he's burned his bridges here. Looks like he's enjoying it in Turkey, I wouldn't want him coming back here and sitting on the bench with a face like Dot Cotton licking piss off a nettle. The best case scenario now is that he scores a bundle for Galatasaray, making them desperate to retain his services so we can then absolutely rinse them on the transfer fee.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Andone was all over bhafc players Instagrams over weekend sharing bantz with Duffy, Connolly and greyhound. Maybe he misses us.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If not him, then it would be great to get a player like him (well his onfield attributes anyway)

We’re currently playing two strikers who’s game is about pace, movement and running in behind. Imagine if we had another one, or two players who could do a similar job. From an oppo Centre back point of view, 65 mins of being run into the ground by Maupay and Connolly and then fresh legs coming on in that position doing something very similar would get us plenty of goals a season just through tiring defences.

Not going to criticise Maupay, but there was one moment in the second half when he tracked back, then he had a chance to be set clear out on the right but seemed strangely unable to make the run. When the games are coming thick and fast another similar option in that position will benefit us.

You could certainly argue right now we don't need Andone. But it's the what if..... If Connolly or Maupay getting injured etc. Then what, Muzza is a goal scorer but he's neither quick nor mobile.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think he's burned his bridges here. Looks like he's enjoying it in Turkey, I wouldn't want him coming back here and sitting on the bench with a face like Dot Cotton licking piss off a nettle. The best case scenario now is that he scores a bundle for Galatasaray, making them desperate to retain his services so we can then absolutely rinse them on the transfer fee.

Publicly keeping open the possibility of restoring him to the Albion squad (even if we have no intention of doing so) won’t do any harm in any negotiations with Galatasaray or anyone else in terms of getting a decent fee. Let’s keep making positive noises.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Andone was all over bhafc players Instagrams over weekend sharing bantz with Duffy, Connolly and greyhound. Maybe he misses us.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

You are in danger of overturning some very confidently perceived NSC wisdom with that post. Expect a backlash, probably including a comment about phone boxes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here