Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's hardly likely to say "the club didn't want me as they don't trust me to stay on the pitch"

Doesn’t seem like we resisted very hard at all which is pretty damning of Andone’s attitude given how I doubt we would have run with it if he wasn’t a complete head case.

Paul Hayward is a respected football writer, and intimated that Andone's departure was popular behind the scenes with the squad. It appears that with all the information to hand, the club knew exactly what they were doing.

Overly and completely unnecessarily fired-up against Stains, where there was no prior bad blood, was ridiculous. Costing us dearly.

Again, all fair enough arguments supporting plans to ease him out in the next window.

But to do so one game after he's selected in the first team, with no chance of getting in a quick and experienced replacement, smacks of judgments made very quickly indeed. Not often the best way to make decisions

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously not in the know but it seems that the club are looking to sell Andone in January for whatever reason and bring back Locadia at the end of the season to replace GM. Well that is what it seems to me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
“I miss playing every week”.

You being suspended for six games of your Albion career so far may have something to do with that, you angry little shithouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously not in the know but it seems that the club are looking to sell Andone in January for whatever reason and bring back Locadia at the end of the season to replace GM. Well that is what it seems to me.

I think you have done it now, it seems most much prefer the red mist Romanian to the DJ Dutchman and this is likely to be met with hoots of derision.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I wouldn't be surprised by the first statement.

I would be very surprised by the second.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think you have done it now, it seems most much prefer the red mist Romanian to the DJ Dutchman and this is likely to be met with hoots of derision.

It’s less to do with personal preference. It’s two things

Andone has clearly shown more footballing ability and goalscoring threat than Locadia has in the time they’ve been here.
Andone plays as a centre forward, where we are less well stocked than the inside left position where Locadia has been turning up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously not in the know but it seems that the club are looking to sell Andone in January for whatever reason
Makes sense to me to either sell him or bring him back. A continued loan doesn't seem to help us.
and bring back Locadia at the end of the season to replace GM.
No chance. They're completely different players, and Locadia hasn't been a success here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Overly and completely unnecessarily fired-up against Stains, where there was no prior bad blood, was ridiculous.

That ridiculous hefty kick from Bernardo before the match would hardly have put Andone in the right frame of mind. With hindsight it's easy to see how the nasty little bugger would carry that frame of mind on to the pitch and lash out at the first person to cross his path.

Wouldn't like to have been Bernardo trying to make amends after the game :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He's left for a club that will use him as often as we did, he won't start every game he won't even be on the bench sometimes looking at what they've already got.

With Glen Falcao joining them as well he's at the bottom of the pecking order, strange bloke, decent player but looney bin material for sure.

Perfect fit for Galatasary, I don't want to see players deliberately trying to break legs so after originally thinking we've made a mistake letting him go, they're welcome to him.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I doubt very much that we will see either Locadia or Andone in the stripes every again. We'll have to see how much money we can get for them next Summer.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Brighton & Hove Albion do not sell a player that they want to keep.

Florin Andone: “It was my decision to leave”.

I think the biggest issue this gives us is who takes Florin’s place in the ‘6 nutcases to have a fight in the tunnel squad’!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here