Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not sure what to make of this if true? It does seem strange to offload him on loan when-

-He's only been here a year.

-We were at one stage looking at spending over £20m on him.

-He's 1 of only 3 established centre forwards which includes a 35 turning 36 year old

-he scored a very well taken goal in one of his 2 and a bit games for us this season.

Maybe something's happened behind the scenes? Maybe Andone has just had enough living here? God knows but there surely has to be more to this?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It kinda does except the bit about not having Ali J in a Premier League match day squad yet.

Anyway, with no shortage of Dutch suitors, Ali J would have been on his way if Potter didn’t rate him. He has seen something.

I think I recall something on the lines of working with him to see if he can become an option at right wing back.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
All will be well

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
It kinda does except the bit about not having Ali J in a Premier League match day squad yet.

Anyway, with no shortage of Dutch suitors, Ali J would have been on his way if Potter didn’t rate him. He has seen something.

There was an article posted here about a month ago where his agent said he had numerous offers from Dutch teams, French teams, and german teams. PSV were really in for him but no one knows if Ali rejected them or the club.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Florin had become a real agitator, disrupting progress of the team unit, a proper pain in the tets, he had to go, his agent angled for it in the end, and he got it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Couple of things to add that others haven't

Andone was an absolute nightmare at deportivo by the end of his time there. He kicked off massively and accused them of keeping him hostage. He was so disruptive they let him go for a tiny amount Vs what they originally wanted.
That's not true. Didn't they get relegated, meaning that he had a release clause, so they had no choice but to let him go for the amount we paid?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can call him back if we have a problem with Maupay, Murray or Connolly
In January! Half the season is done by then.
and if GP and Bloom aren't concerned then I won't be either.
They may well be concerned, but they're hardly going to publicise that.
Not sure what the problem is.
That our strikers are an ageing Murray, a Championship striker, and a player from the under 23s who, apart from coming on with 25 minutes to go to see us lose 4-0 against city, has played two games at League 1 level. It's not complicated.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well I'm disappointed by this.

I liked Andone, comfortably the second best striker at the club and not 35 years old.

I can only assume that there has been some issues behind the scenes as he certainly appeared to be part of Potter's plans up until a week ago.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not sure what to make of this if true? It does seem strange to offload him on loan when-

-He's only been here a year.

-We were at one stage looking at spending over £20m on him.

-He's 1 of only 3 established centre forwards which includes a 35 turning 36 year old

-he scored a very well taken goal in one of his 2 and a bit games for us this season.

Maybe something's happened behind the scenes? Maybe Andone has just had enough living here? God knows but there surely has to be more to this?

Yes, may have had enough living here after after the new Valley Gardens road layout opened this week and he realised it will never work!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Izzy won’t be a GP type player when he is fit either. Maybe an impact sub.

Or a compound fracture sub. . . I agree, he's never looked like a 90 minute player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve got a sneaky feeling that Izzy won’t be a GP type player when he is fit either. Maybe an impact sub.

The parameters for Potter type of player seems to get narrower with every passing day.

So much for being a people person who can turn muck into brass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here