Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Which is an odd approach given we've paid millions of pounds for these players and given them long term contracts

They have both been sent out on loan, not sold at a loss. Their wages will be paid by their loan clubs and they will have the chance to increase their potential sell-on value, something they probably wouldn't do if not playing regularly for us. The long term contracts are a matter of course, giving the players stability and protecting the club's sell-on option.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
When I heard he was going last night, I immediately recalled Maty Ryan's comments last season (?) about having a "no dickhead policy". With absolutely no rumour/hearsay/facts to back this up, I hasten to add. Just a thought.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
In respect of Jahanbakhsh - you cannot just force a player to go out on loan. They have to agree to it. You may even have to give them a bit of a sweetner to accept a deal. We may well have tried to convince AJ it would be better for his career if he did, but he refused and demanded he stayed.

Yeah. I do understand that.

But it’s a shame that two better players have gone instead of him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ask yourself how a player who plays on the very edge of a card in every challenge in matches manages to control it when training with team mates.......

As I posted before I don’t doubt he is a dickhead, but that was a very catty comment ( but I agree very telling). That’s all

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I'm not comfortable with this at all. For us to bin off Andone, there must be more to it than meets the eye. Whatever way you look at it, this cuts down our options and leaves us crossing our fingers that Murray doesn't get crocked - yep, we're very much relying on Old Man Murray cutting the mustard AGAIN for at least half a season till we get to January. I wasn't too bothered about losing Locadia as he's rarely looked up to it, but christ, I never believed Murray would be the main man again this year.

We certainly don't yet know if Maupay will manage to make the step-up, so for our only other striker to be a wet-behind-the-ears kid, promising though he may be, looks like folly to me. Time will tell I suppose, but this decision has plenty of potential to properly bite us on the arse IMO.

Yep. Totally this

Bizarre in the extreme

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ask yourself how a player who plays on the very edge of a card in every challenge in matches manages to control it when training with team mates.......
Again not really sure he's that unpopular with squad when he seems pretty matey with them on social media.

I just think he's another arrogant player that thinks he's too good for Brighton and has a divine right to play every game. Its hard to keep everyone happy at a premier league club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We've unloaded a big chunk of change from the wage bill haven't we?

Knockaert, Locadia, Andone and Hemed must have been on well over £100k/week between them. Probably nearer £150k/week in fact.

Will that be enough for free agent Michael Owen? Or will we have to settle for Kanchelskis?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly this now leaves us short again up front. Just hope this doesn't comeback to haunt us when we are searching for the next goal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Again not really sure he's that unpopular with squad when he seems pretty matey with them on social media.

I just think he's another arrogant player that thinks he's too good for Brighton and has a divine right to play every game. Its hard to keep everyone happy at a premier league club.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Social Media :lolol:

Defintely no examples of people making out their life is a lot better than it really is on there and certainly no PR companies telling footballers what to post.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
United sold Lukaku for £74m, during the transfer window. So they were able to spend the money elsewhere. If we sold Andone for good money in the transfer window, then I'd understand it. But the window has closed, and Andone looks as good a striker for Potter's style as we have at the club.

No doubt the club will have their reasons, but it's still bad news for us fans.

What? Man U didn’t spend the money elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I hope so, though I noticed he swapped Bissouma for Mooy.

Personally I can’t wait to see Connolly and especially Alzate get more game time, he looks a bit of a rare talent.

And with Bissouma back soon we could potentially be playing a really young, exciting side.

Yep who won’t win a game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here