Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bit of a clanger dropped really to loan out both Locadia and Andone when the incoming transfer window is shut.

Connolly can't replace both of them.

If Murray was 5 years younger, perhaps it would be more understandable.

Why a clanger? The only reason I can think it's a clanger is because we need the money / somethings gone wrong with the budget, otherwise we could just hold them to their contracts and keep them at the club.

If it isn't financially motivated, and GP has sanctioned the loans, or even instructed them to go out on loan, then it is a decision to strengthen the club, not weaken it.

My take is team spirit is everything to GP, his whole philosophy is about harmony, emotional wellbeing etc. etc. He's turned up, had preseason and now the start of the season to see who is on the same page as him, who is only a chapter or so behind, or who hasn't even picked up the book yet.

My thought is neither Jurgen or Florin have picked up the book. If you haven't even bothered to pick up the book, pick up your passport on the way out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potter gearing up to work his Daniel James magic all over again. By the end of the season we'll be fighting off the offers for Connolly. Maybe.

If that's the case G-Pot would have already gone and we'll be looking forward to Andone, Big Jurg joining forces with Murray and Ali J for another tilt at 17th.

Perhaps under the tutelage of Hughton.

We all know how NSC loves nothing more than getting the old band back together.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair, if you got booted right into the back of your leg, wouldn't you feel like a bit of a doormat if you just turned around and laughed about it?

I wouldn't laugh, I would give a giant 'WTF!!??:censored:', then with an apologetic person holding their hands up, realise it was a prank gone wrong, or an accident, I'd probably laugh while calling them an idiot. I wouldn't carry on like a 9 year old.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm not going to place any great importance on that incident, but Andone's reaction to it was dummy spat, toys out of the pram, full on sulk was pretty bizarre. Might not show any discontent in the squad, but does give a little glimmer that Andone might not be the easiest person to get along with.

To be fair to Andone he had his arm round Bernardo and was laughing by the time they’d reached the other side of the pitch.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As I see it we are meant to be winning football matches and not have a splendid group of lads, giving their all, improving and still losing. We need to toughen up and get real.
Exactly. If by half way through the season we have played better football but are in the bottom 3 the powers that be won't be pleased. Andone has a nasty streak, so what. It didn't seem to harm team morale last season. It's Potter's job to keep a competitive squad fully focused on getting us up the league, not ship out players the moment they express dissatisfaction at not playing every game.
The whole saga about JL and FA seems strange to me. Surely the player that should feel most aggrieved would be Ali J as he's not played in the league at all.
It's a bold move to loan out both JL and FA. Let's hope that results back up the reasoning for doing this.

Screenshot_20190902-133158.png"Premier League football club Witham" ?

They're in the Isthmian League, you fool!

200px-Witham_Town_F.C.png

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To save me reading through the thread - is he definitely going or is it still currently just speculation?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair to Andone he had his arm round Bernardo and was laughing by the time they’d reached the other side of the pitch.

I didn't see that far. I have reached my verdict and delivered sentence based upon a tweet length piece of video only. I deem that entirely proportionate, appropriate and fair.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I wouldn't laugh, I would give a giant 'WTF!!??:censored:', then with an apologetic person holding their hands up, realise it was a prank gone wrong, or an accident, I'd probably laugh while calling them an idiot. I wouldn't carry on like a 9 year old.

I'd have dropped to the floor clenching my ankle, rolling around, thumping the ground, waving to the medic team. Basically making a massive scene of it just so Bernado learns not to do it again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To save me reading through the thread - is he definitely going or is it still currently just speculation?

Pretty sure he's gone, the only piece missing is official word 'sponsored by Tool Zone' from the club.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Galatasaray have officially announced they've made an approach that so far hasn't been rejected or accepted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why a clanger? The only reason I can think it's a clanger is because we need the money / somethings gone wrong with the budget, otherwise we could just hold them to their contracts and keep them at the club.

If it isn't financially motivated, and GP has sanctioned the loans, or even instructed them to go out on loan, then it is a decision to strengthen the club, not weaken it.

My take is team spirit is everything to GP, his whole philosophy is about harmony, emotional wellbeing etc. etc. He's turned up, had preseason and now the start of the season to see who is on the same page as him, who is only a chapter or so behind, or who hasn't even picked up the book yet.

My thought is neither Jurgen or Florin have picked up the book. If you haven't even bothered to pick up the book, pick up your passport on the way out.

In isolation Andone and Locadia out and (seemingly at least) giving Connelly a go all make sense and were some of the things I hoped would happen when Potter came to the club (although I'd personally have preferred Locadia and Ali J out, but there you go). However, the timing is AWFUL because we're necessarily a striker short of a full squad. We have taken a big risk. No way Murray will stay fit enough for 90 minutes of football. until the January window.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And a rather impressive looking Trossard don't forget. Given that we only had three strikers all last season I would say this is a step up.

Good player but in a different position. Andone is a Centre Forward

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stupid decision imo. Same as the Knocky one. Hope they don’t cost us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Which is an odd approach given we've paid millions of pounds for these players and given them long term contracts

This would suggest that we have been actively looking to move these players on, rather than being approached by other clubs who want them. This may have been the case with Tomer, but I'm guessing that with JL & FA the players' agents received news of interest and let the club know that they would be keen on a move. Locadia gets more first team opportunities, Andone gets the chance to play in the Champions League. I would guess that our approach has been, if you don't want to be here, then you can go. It fits Ashcroft's desire to allow a route to the first team for U23s and Potter's previous pattern of working with a small tight-knit squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stupid decision imo. Same as the Knocky one. Hope they don’t cost us.

I've seen nothing so far to indicate the AK decision was stupid, quite the opposite in fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here