[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wasn’t getting it from anywhere, another poster was saying the rules were IF you have 25 senior players at the club you can’t sign any free agents.

I’ve no idea if it’s correct or not, I was just clarifying what they said.

Edit, quick google search finds this could be right, your not allowed to leave spaces in your 25 man squad for free agents to sign IF you have enough senior pros registered to fill it.

Link?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
must be more to this as Andone did look like could cut it prem.

So we would have an ageing Murray , Maupay unproven and Connolly who is just potential at the moment .

Not convinced that’s enough over a season .

Could get away with it until jan possibly

Frustrating when it finally seemed we had good options but locadia confirming he was a donkey and now this , it is a big concern now

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But doesn't one affect the other? The fact that we've shipped out Locadia would seem to me it would be much less likely we'd let Andone go, (for much discussed reason of squad depth).

The fact that we have let him go says to me there must be a compelling reason to do so? but what could it be?

He's generally a bit of an idiot? Unlikely. The club would known this and have acted earlier to get a replacement in
We have a better replacement lined up? Almost certainly not with the transfer window closed.
Something happened. Some sort of key event which tipped the balance? It must be this. As I said earlier in the thread, my guess is that he deliberately got sent off against Saints as he'd heard that Galatasaray were interested, and was open to the club about it being deliberate, possibly with a promise to repeat it if he didn't get him move.

It could be lots of other things, but I don't buy that the club getting rid is a general reaction to a poor disciplinary record, as I say they would have known about this all summer

I don't understand why the player movement decisions all have to be linked?

AK's USP doesn't fit with Potter's playing ethos.
Big Jurg was given the luxury of some playing time and didn't prove himself beyond the championship (much to my surprise)
This season Andone has got the same amount of red cards as Swansea did last season.

All 3 can easily be taken in isolation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Radulovic is 29 days OLDER than Connolly.

He needs to be good.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Found this ref last season......

What about free agents?

With free agents the rules are a bit complicated regarding Premier League clubs.

Although the Premier League transfer window closed August 9 ahead of the new season, teams in the top flight can still add to their squad by signing a free agent providing that they have a free space in their 25-man squad.

Clubs had to submit their squads for the new season a day after the transfer window closed, yet selling a player from the submitted 25-man squad can free up a space to bring in a player on a free transfer.

Plus this about Why Carroll HAD to be signed before window shut

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../premier-league-squad-rules-mean-16723496.amp

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn’t really say much, about his temperament being an issue and Andone demanding more game time.

Says loan fee and paying his wages

Can recall in Jan

If he didn’t keep getting sent off he’d almost certainly have had more game time :smile:

Ali J must surely soon be a shoo in soon (much to most of NSC’s delight :lolol)

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
People are over reacting about this.
We play ONE up front. We have 3 players who can do this. Plus, i'm sure, Potter has a couple of players in mind who could do it if needs must.
Plus, if the rest comes to the worst, Bojan or even Cashman can go on the bench for a fixture or two.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We play ONE up front. We have 3 players who can do this. Plus, i'm sure, Potter has a couple of players in mind who could do it if needs must.
Plus, if the rest comes to the worst, Bojan or even Cashman can go on the bench for a fixture or two.

Taylor Richards, with a bit more experience?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Our 3 players who play up front , a 36 year old who is getting slower and slower, an under 23 who has no experience in any Premier football, plus a player who we brought from Brentford, and has not played one full game in the Premier league yet ,
Seems to me we are asking for trouble

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not over-reacting at all

Yes, we have 3 players for one position

Muzza - has been brilliant for us, but is clearly no longer at the peak of his powers.
Connolly - hopefully will be brilliant, but it’s a big ask to an 18 y/o who’s only played a few mins of first team football to fire us the goals to keep us up
Maupay - also may come to something. Some adapt from the Championship and some don’t. He’s had a mixed start

We might get a away with it, but all our competitors, who we hope might take the relegation places, have far more convincing striking options. (well ok, maybe there’s one that doesn’t).

As for relying on Radulovic etc. Well, we may have to, certainly if we do now have a run in the Carabao or FA Cup, but having watched a bit of u23, not for one moment have I thought those two are ready for a Premier League squad place yet. If we had kept Gyokeres I might give that argument a bit more credence, as he’s clearly closer and more experienced.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Everyone must go

[tweet]1168467443372756992[/tweet]

Gives Băluţă a chance, though.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't understand why the player movement decisions all have to be linked?

AK's USP doesn't fit with Potter's playing ethos.
Big Jurg was given the luxury of some playing time and didn't prove himself beyond the championship (much to my surprise)
This season Andone has got the same amount of red cards as Swansea did last season.

All 3 can easily be taken in isolation.

We can all infer different things.
1. The AK decision was taken before GP arrived. GP knew AK was going before or when he signed.
2. Agree.
3. I don't think GP takes the decision on the red card, that would be knee jerk. Suspect overall attitude and ability are more what Potter has had a look at.

I would say 2 & 3 are similar in that the manager has given plenty of minutes and chances to see what he has.

the weird one is 4. No PL minutes yet, first place on the bench Saturday, yet not the one up for a loan? Perhaps GP feels he can work some mind magic on the Iranian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here