Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hang on a minute. Aren't Palace going to finish top 10? And they only have Benteke, Sorloth and Wickham. Things really aren't that bad folks.

...and they finished 12th last year with literally no strikers.

In fact, having Barndoor Benny effectively takes them negative on strikers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just got to hope Murray doesn't run out of steam before New Year. I had hoped we were boosting the striker numbers to compensate for this.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Seems a strange move to me as he is a player that we chased for the best part of a year before actually signing on a five? year contract. Whilst the management team has changed, he would still have been highly rated by the recruitment team - feels to me that a split / difference in approach is growing between management & recruitment ..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps the split is between the player and manager. What's to say Andone wasn't the one that asked for a move? We don't know any of the details.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, have we got Sweet FA or not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just got to hope Murray doesn't run out of steam before New Year. I had hoped we were boosting the striker numbers to compensate for this.

I've not seen much evidence of any steam left.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Don't forget Murray only scores in BST. So when the clocks go back = Murray doesn't score

Lush

Mods' Pet
On reflection I’m not surprised by this news. Imagine the amount of effort from the squad, the coaches, the staff that went into a week’s worth of preparation and honing a system for the Soton game, where we had a reasonable expectation of a vital 3 points, just to have it all go to waste, not through a playing error but absolute****wittery. Can’t afford for that to happen again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems a strange move to me as he is a player that we chased for the best part of a year before actually signing on a five? year contract. Whilst the management team has changed, he would still have been highly rated by the recruitment team - feels to me that a split / difference in approach is growing between management & recruitment ..

Graham Potter has brought his own recruitment advisor in. How long will Paul Winstanley last now especially with Dan Ashworth on board.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget Murray only scores in BST. So when the clocks go back = Murray doesn't score
True.

Maupay.
BST Murray.
Connolly.

Our striking options will look a little light.

I hope Radulovic can step up if required.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On reflection I’m not surprised by this news. Imagine the amount of effort from the squad, the coaches, the staff that went into a week’s worth of preparation and honing a system for the Soton game, where we had a reasonable expectation of a vital 3 points, just to have it all go to waste, not through a playing error but absolute****wittery. Can’t afford for that to happen again.
Thanks to Big Jurg being offloaded at a time I can't get make sense of, from now on my flabber won't be agasted for quite a while.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Absolutely, I'd bet it won't be the last red card of his career either.

The sending off must have had an impact here given the timing.

Let's hope Connolly can live up to his potential, and quickly.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I do wish people would remember that the people that run our club are just as passionate as us, they know more about the club than us, and many of them have more to lose if the club fails than us. Believe it or not, they do actually know how many forwards we have.

Just relax, watch and enjoy.

Quote of the thread. Sums it up nicely. Even if trossard had to play in the Andone roll he would be a 100% better and 100% less a liability and I would bank on him getting more goals over a season in that position than Andone. If we get a free agent in then great but I won’t lose any sleep if we don’t.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well this could make for an intriguing European transfer deadline day finale. It adds to the excitement if this largely pertains to Potter having assessed the mindsets and character of our squad, identifying those who have it in them to adjust, adapt and keep any questionable temperament within check. I wonder what this says about Stephens, in particular, who was a mainstay of our former selves, but has seemingly cemented himself into this new era too. Good stuff, hopefully.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wait, this is actually happening?? i cant believe we'd be so daft to lose two forwards after the transfer window. hope it pays off, seems risky to me.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I get the argument of Andone and his discipline issues and perhaps he does have a negative effect on the dressing room. I just feel this a risky a move without being able to get an adequate replacement. Is Percy incoming? There has to be something going on....

IN GP we trust.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here