[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
****ing hell, if he can walk, why is he not starting in front of Maupay?

I'd rather Andone with a limp or hobble, start in front of powder puff Maupay.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The longer Andone is out of the team, the better he gets.

But, yeah, get him upfront!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Don’t think he’d be as hesitant and indecisive in front of goal as the current forwards are being but he’s still weeks away from being ready.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The longer Andone is out of the team, the better he gets.

But, yeah, get him upfront!

He's an instinctive striker though - something we're sadly lacking at the moment. The problem with Andone is not his ability, it's that he's a headcase (and currently an unfit one)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is Andone actually that good? I don't remember thinking he was amazing when he was playing under Hughton, and I'm not sure his goal scoring record when he was out on loan is much good either?

Is this the magical 'player out with long term injury is amazing and the answer to all our problems' thing that happens?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is Andone actually that good? I don't remember thinking he was amazing when he was playing under Hughton, and I'm not sure his goal scoring record when he was out on loan is much good either?

Is this the magical 'player out with long term injury is amazing and the answer to all our problems' thing that happens?

He has a career record of roughly a goal every three games - not too shabby but not great. I'm not sure how many starts that is though, a lot of his Brighton appearances were as sub.

I wouldn't mind betting that his goals per minute for the Albion is considerably higher than Maupay's or Connolly's ... and that was for Hughton's team, one that didn't create a whole lot of chances

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I think it's more that the other options have proved pretty inept at getting the ball in that thing with posts and a crossbar so he has to be given an opportunity at least.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can't be long until he is back.

3-4 weeks ?

GP about a month ago said "could be February but more realistically March and more likely the latter part of it". So yes 3-4 weeks seems reasonable.

He's only played about 40 minutes since November 2019 though, about 1,5 years, he is probably going to need at least a month of playing with the U23s before getting anywhere near something resembling PL match fitness.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He has a career record of roughly a goal every three games - not too shabby but not great. I'm not sure how many starts that is though, a lot of his Brighton appearances were as sub.

I wouldn't mind betting that his goals per minute for the Albion is considerably higher than Maupay's or Connolly's ... and that was for Hughton's team, one that didn't create a whole lot of chances

You would be correct in that assumption.

Andone feeding off scraps: 4 PL goals in 944 minutes (and 20 shots)
Maupay getting plenty of service: 17 PL goals in 4,478 minutes ( and 149 shots)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
GP about a month ago said "could be February but more realistically March and more likely the latter part of it". So yes 3-4 weeks seems reasonable.

He's only played about 40 minutes since November 2019 though, about 1,5 years, he is probably going to need at least a month of playing with the U23s before getting anywhere near something resembling PL match fitness.

Yeah this.
He will only play this season if we are either: absolutely in the shit or safe, by the time we get to the last 3 games IMO.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Andone is a brilliant option to have back, I certainly rate him, quite a maverick. Hot head. unpredictable player. Something we need.

However people are getting carried away if they think he’s going to come back and save our season. He’s recovering from quite a serious injury as I understand it and by all accounts still isn’t even doing physical training with the team. We know how important that yard of pace and twisting and turning is up front. That’s not going to come back without match time.

He may have got a run out if we were safe already, given our situation I’d be surprised if we see more of him beyond a brief cameo sub appearance.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Andone is a brilliant option to have back, I certainly rate him, quite a maverick. Hot head. unpredictable player. Something we need.

However people are getting carried away if they think he’s going to come back and save our season. He’s recovering from quite a serious injury as I understand it and by all accounts still isn’t even doing physical training with the team. We know how important that yard of pace and twisting and turning is up front. That’s not going to come back without match time.

He may have got a run out if we were safe already, given our situation I’d be surprised if we see more of him beyond a brief cameo sub appearance.

Boooo....Boooooooooo

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You would be correct in that assumption.

Andone feeding off scraps: 4 PL goals in 944 minutes (and 20 shots)
Maupay getting plenty of service: 17 PL goals in 4,478 minutes ( and 149 shots)

And a quarter of Maupay's goals were Penalties. None of Andone's

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

It all depends on the severity of the tear. Francesco Totti was back to his best in just 4 months.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Assuming we stay up, I think if GP is given the option of what we've got for next season, or lose White and Bissouma for a punt on a £50m striker, he would probably stick with what he's got.
I doubt it will be his decision in the end though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] what's your view on the whole Potter/Andone situation?
Would Potter be able to work with mentallist Andone or would he have made his mind up about him last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports