Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] what's your view on the whole Potter/Andone situation?
Would Potter be able to work with mentallist Andone or would he have made his mind up about him last season?

Potter's a smart guy. He should be able to adapt accordingly to a hot-headed player. Alex Ferguson managed to get the best out of Eric Cantona. That can't have been easy at times. Roy Keane too. Well, until towards the end of Keane's career.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] what's your view on the whole Potter/Andone situation?
Would Potter be able to work with mentallist Andone or would he have made his mind up about him last season?

I'm not Swanny so I don't have the deep understanding of Potter's mind as he purports to have but i think booting Andone out of the club after the red card suggests that he can't or won't work with Andone.

If only I could have just kicked out staff who I didn't like or who irked me over the years. Ho hum

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not Swanny so I don't have the deep understanding of Potter's mind as he purports to have but i think booting Andone out of the club after the red card suggests that he can't or won't work with Andone.

If only I could have just kicked out staff who I didn't like or who irked me over the years. Ho hum

I think Potter came to the club and drew a line in the sand. Cross it and you were out. Locadia & Andone fell foul of this but Potter needed to begin his tenure with a very clear message, my way or the highway.

New managers often do this in my experience but soften as time goes on and practicalities become more apparent (goal scoring ability in this case).

I’d be shocked if Potter holds grudges or believes that a Leopard can’t change it’s spots; he’s too smart.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I just wondered if there was any history of Potter managing mentalists well, or does he tend to get rid.

My view on the Andone situation was that as a new manager at the club, he needed to slap his authority down.
If Andone was seen as a potential threat to his authority, getting rid was a sensible call at that stage,

Now he's established in his role and the player holds 0 cards, it should be a very different situation.

Edit: ^^ what Hugo said

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No idea, dont know Andone and dont know what he did or didnt do (aside for that red card, which is not enough to be persona non grata). Jamal Blackman didnt get his loan extended at Östersund because of his drink driving, another (key) player got sacked after trying to shag another players wife so clearly some things will not be tolerated but a red card is forgivable. So it all depends on what Andone did or didnt do and his attitude since coming back from the loan, which is also impossible to know from the outside.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think Potter came to the club and drew a line in the sand. Cross it and you were out. Locadia & Andone fell foul of this but Potter needed to begin his tenure with a very clear message, my way or the highway.

New managers often do this in my experience but soften as time goes on and practicalities become more apparent (goal scoring ability in this case).

I’d be shocked if Potter holds grudges or believes that a Leopard can’t change it’s spots; he’s too smart.

That’s my thinking as well. If the Andone situation happened now, like with Maupay, he’d simply drop him for a bit.

But this was all very early in Potters first season. We had the loan offer on the table, and after the red card and the weird kicking incident with Bernardo... he probably felt ‘I don’t need this shit, I’ve got enough things to sort out here and players to work out, let him go to Galatasaray and cool down for a bit’.

I believe GP has now taken full stock of the players he has available in the first team, the u23s and the academy that he knows there’s a place for Andone if he recovers well. And it’d be like a free new signing, so why not.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dont see much of a down side to getting him back in the team. Give him a chance to prove himself, if he's fit, scores some goals, and has cooled his temper, then all parties will be happy. If he plays a few games and issues arise then back to where we were, and Andone will find himself frozen out til the summer and moved on. He's been around the team and training recently so Potter will know if he's actually still any sort of bad influence.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We already knew he was back in training, so perhaps closer to a return than first thought?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No idea, dont know Andone and dont know what he did or didnt do (aside for that red card, which is not enough to be persona non grata). Jamal Blackman didnt get his loan extended at Östersund because of his drink driving, another (key) player got sacked after trying to shag another players wife so clearly some things will not be tolerated but a red card is forgivable. So it all depends on what Andone did or didnt do and his attitude since coming back from the loan, which is also impossible to know from the outside.

It's always the man's fault isn't it!

:)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Andone is a brilliant option to have back, I certainly rate him, quite a maverick. Hot head. unpredictable player. Something we need.

However people are getting carried away if they think he’s going to come back and save our season. He’s recovering from quite a serious injury as I understand it and by all accounts still isn’t even doing physical training with the team. We know how important that yard of pace and twisting and turning is up front. That’s not going to come back without match time.

He may have got a run out if we were safe already, given our situation I’d be surprised if we see more of him beyond a brief cameo sub appearance.

He’s in FULL training. Last weekend of March for the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
You would be correct in that assumption.

Andone feeding off scraps: 4 PL goals in 944 minutes (and 20 shots)
Maupay getting plenty of service: 17 PL goals in 4,478 minutes ( and 149 shots)

Andone every 2.35 games a goal
Maupay 3.55 games a goal

Excluding penalties.

Maupay under hughton would have been even lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here