Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flights from Europe to USA suspended

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
People flying from UK & Irish airports are ok. It doesn’t say UK & Irish citizens are ok.

Therefore any European can fly to the States via the UK. They just need to make the UK a stopover.

That'll help our cause.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
My wife is really concerned now as she and the kids, plus her elderly mother, are off to Florida in 3 weeks time, then doing the Disney Cruise for a few days. They've been saving for 2 years for this trip, only for it to be potentially cancelled just 3 weeks before they go.
I get the concern, and why they are taking all these precautions - but it'll still be bloody frustrating if they dont get to go after all the preparations shes made (Also got NBA tickets for the boys - now thats suspended indefinitely as well...) Not good.

Why is your wife more concerned about missing a holiday than she is of her, her elderly mother, children, catching a virus that has the potential to kill? Seems a bit strange.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My wife is really concerned now as she and the kids, plus her elderly mother, are off to Florida in 3 weeks time, then doing the Disney Cruise for a few days. They've been saving for 2 years for this trip, only for it to be potentially cancelled just 3 weeks before they go.
I get the concern, and why they are taking all these precautions - but it'll still be bloody frustrating if they dont get to go after all the preparations shes made (Also got NBA tickets for the boys - now thats suspended indefinitely as well...) Not good.

I mean I would be doing everything possible to try and get the money back right now. The chances of that trip happening are getting slimer and slimer by the day. I wouldnt want to be going anywhere near a cruiseship right now.

/\ This.

Putting her elderly mother on a cruise ship, seems a very, very, very bad idea.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree it's frustrating but frankly a cruise ship is just about the last place I'd want to be with a virus like this (and an elderly family member who is clearly more vulnerable) - look what happened on the one docked off Japan. Trips can always be rearranged. I'd be far more worried about going than not going in the circumstances.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Why is your wife more concerned about missing a holiday than she is of her, her elderly mother, children, catching a virus that has the potential to kill? Seems a bit strange.

I didn't say she was more concerned about that - shes worried about the whole situation and whats actually going to happen....if they go. She has two alternative options apparently, August & December - so its looking likely they will be rearranged to one of those dates instead.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sensible? How so? They should be more worried about the cases within the US IMO....

Not often that l will agree with the Boris loving Brexiteer Spence, but on this occasion l fear he is right, Moreover for as long as their are commercial flights operating pretty much anywhere on the globe, the chancsd of this pandemic spreading are so much greater.

As hard as it will be to do it, l fear we all need to batten down and isolate ourselves as much as humanely possible, until we are through this.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I didn't say she was more concerned about that - shes worried about the whole situation and whats actually going to happen....if they go. She has two alternative options apparently, August & December - so its looking likely they will be rearranged to one of those dates instead.

Ah ok, you didn’t say that, you just wrote about how she was concerned for missing her holiday, well I hope they manage to go later on in the year then.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9274454 said:
No idea, but presumably leaving/entering the Schengen zone is logged in your passport record?

No, it's not. Have you ever had your passport even looked at, when travelling to/from Europe in the last 25 years?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trump really thought this one through

So there are thousands of Americans in Europe at this moment ..some,tourists, some on cruise ships disembarking in Europe.....so how are they all going to get home if Trump has banned all flights?

Border force guy on the radio said this is a typical trump “ build a wall”, hate the Shenzhen protocol logic that will have zero effect on the virus as it is already there and will piss off many Americans trying to get home.....

...so if this follows then all these Americans will have to find flights to the UK or Ireland and then they can fly home...even though they have all been in Europe!

The bloke is a ****ing idiot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, it's not. Have you ever had your passport even looked at, when travelling to/from Europe in the last 25 years?

Yes, every year going through the Tunnel at Calais. We're usually asked where we've been for the last fortnight.

(*warning Brexit comment) This is what made me laugh about no control over our borders!
Sorry, (not sorry)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trump really thought this one through

So there are thousands of Americans in Europe at this moment ..some,tourists, some on cruise ships disembarking in Europe.....so how are they all going to get home if Trump has banned all flights?

Border force guy on the radio said this is a typical trump “ build a wall”, hate the Shenzhen protocol logic that will have zero effect on the virus as it is already there and will piss off many Americans trying to get home.....

...so if this follows then all these Americans will have to find flights to the UK or Ireland and then they can fly home...even though they have all been in Europe!

The bloke is a ****ing idiot.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree it's frustrating but frankly a cruise ship is just about the last place I'd want to be with a virus like this (and an elderly family member who is clearly more vulnerable) - look what happened on the one docked off Japan. Trips can always be rearranged. I'd be far more worried about going than not going in the circumstances.
Or a 30k packed football stadium ? Rammed park and ride,trains etc ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here