Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

flexi4 package

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I get the issue of striking a balance with season ticket holders - but I'm afraid at the Albion some season ticket holders seem to have just got used to paying too much to watch Championship football. And you can't NOT try and regenerate support (essential) just to keep them happy. Without that affordable route to watching Albion, for mainly new but also existing fans, you are just storing up problems for the future support level.

The point is you shouldn't just charge the most you can, simply because you can get away with it. If you are a community club, and that means something rather than is just a mantra, you can't rule out large chunks of the community with your pricing.

This initiative is to be welcomed, and credit where it's due to the club. Prices, especially for individual matchday tickets, are way too high at Brighton even taking into account the travel element. I have been very critical of some of the pricing on here before, and frankly I'm surprised more aren't. Maybe it is the lack of any real competition nearby at Championship level or above, or some affluent areas in the region.

But not everyone is loaded in Sussex and people shouldn't have to pay £35 as an adult for a one-off match. It is too much, so this Flexi4 at £25 a match for an adult is a step in the right direction.

Personally I see this as another example of how the club are getting it right this season, on and off the pitch. They got it wrong last season in many ways, not just results, but it seems to me there have been some discussions at high level about how to do a lot of things better this season and this is one example.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Have you seen the price of Taylor Swift concert tickets ?

(Not that it matters to me because I never go to see her :rolleyes:)

I get the issue of striking a balance with season ticket holders - but I'm afraid at the Albion some season ticket holders seem to have just got used to paying too much to watch Championship football. And you can't NOT try and regenerate support (essential) just to keep them happy. Without that affordable route to watching Albion, for mainly new but also existing fans, you are just storing up problems for the future support level.

The point is you shouldn't just charge the most you can, simply because you can get away with it. If you are a community club, and that means something rather than is just a mantra, you can't rule out large chunks of the community with your pricing.

This initiative is to be welcomed, and credit where it's due to the club. Prices, especially for individual matchday tickets, are way too high at Brighton even taking into account the travel element. I have been very critical of some of the pricing on here before, and frankly I'm surprised more aren't. Maybe it is the lack of any real competition nearby at Championship level or above, or some affluent areas in the region.

But not everyone is loaded in Sussex and people shouldn't have to pay £35 as an adult for a one-off match. It is too much, so this Flexi4 at £25 a match for an adult is a step in the right direction.

Personally I see this as another example of how the club are getting it right this season, on and off the pitch. They got it wrong last season in many ways, not just results, but it seems to me there have been some discussions at high level about how to do a lot of things better this season and this is one example.

I think losing 10 million pounds helps to focus the mind:rolleyes:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As a STH I would have no objection to them reducing the prices for games with expected probable low crowds, for whatever reason but in general I would rather they sold cheap tickets or even gave them away to future fans ie the under 14s by way of the adult paying full price and getting 2 U14s tickets free.. I wouldnt be happy at all walk up tickets being sold cheap to anybody who doesnt want a ST.
i think BG has a good point as the youngster may one day become season Ticket holders but famileys have huge pressure on incomes. I want more fans in our ground hate seeing empty seats.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I like this post very much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I get the issue of striking a balance with season ticket holders - but I'm afraid at the Albion some season ticket holders seem to have just got used to paying too much to watch Championship football.

Really?

My season ticket is £550, others pay £465. That is for 23 matches and includes train travel from Worthing, which would ordinarily cost £7.30 per match or £167.90 over the course of the season, meaning I'm paying £16.61 for my seat for each game. Those in the North Stand (and similar) who have the same sort of travel will be paying £12.92 per match. That's pretty reasonable for what we have, I think.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Carry on as we are and tickets will be like gold dust anyway!

In all seriousness tooting is spot on where not everyone can afford a season ticket. The monthly dd certainly helps me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I now watch non league and worked out to contribute the same % of gate money at the Albion my ticket would have to be between £12500 and £15000! just a thought:moo:

Get in touch with Paul Barber - I'm sure he'd be happy to make that arrangement for you.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
So, this latest club initiative has reduced prices but still stops Das Reich going to matches. Have I got this right?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Championship football and football in general is too expensive for fans, but it needs football to address this, not individual clubs.

If BHA took a lone stand on revenue, then we'd have a less able squad, a less competitive squad.

In comparison to other clubs at this level we are a tad expensive, but not excessively so. It will need a collective stand to make football affordable.

Get in touch with Paul Barber - I'm sure he'd be happy to make that arrangement for you.

I'm sure he would:moo: If he could confirm travel from my front door to inside the ground in 10 minutes and complete freedom to watch from any part of the ground would be nice,plus assurances that my money would not be thrown at some cocky little blighter for one weeks work i'm in:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm sure he would:moo: If he could confirm travel from my front door to inside the ground in 10 minutes and complete freedom to watch from any part of the ground would be nice,plus assurances that my money would not be thrown at some cocky little blighter for one weeks work i'm in:thumbsup:

You obviously don't watch Whitehawk then!!! :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really?

My season ticket is £550, others pay £465. That is for 23 matches and includes train travel from Worthing, which would ordinarily cost £7.30 per match or £167.90 over the course of the season, meaning I'm paying £16.61 for my seat for each game. Those in the North Stand (and similar) who have the same sort of travel will be paying £12.92 per match. That's pretty reasonable for what we have, I think.

But you're just thinking about you - and this is the problem. If you live, or can travel from, the optimum place (ie at the edge of the zone), and you can afford a season ticket, you aren't doing too badly. But thousands of fans, or potential fans, don't. They live closer, or further away, and the actual matchday ticket price is key. You haven't included the individual matchday prices in your calculations, and you need to. Geography is also a factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here