Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flags at Glastonbury

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
OK , that makes sense .
Although it was ironic when Metallica first headlined Download. It was Metaliica , or more acuratly Lars , who filed litagation against some their fans for illegally downloading their material through he then free site , Napster.
That happily is all behind us and I for one cannot wait for Download 2014.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Out of interest how many Glastonburys have you been to where it's been an issue for you? Is it a recent issue for you, has it got worse?

This was my 8th, although I don't see why this is relevant? I LOVE the flags that Glastonbury put up (particularly West Holts, so beautiful) but they are round the edges and don't interfere with the view.

It's not a big issue for me, I only saw one band at the Pyramid and two on the Other this year. There does seem to be more flags recently though and I stand by my opinion that they can detract from the experience.

For me, Glastonbury is no longer about the music but more the Astrolobe (empty most of the time unfortunately), Outside Circus stage (lord of struts, mundo jazz both brilliant), Bramble FM, Sunseekers etc away from the hordes and the idiots (I even had to put out a bin fire this year that an idiot next to me tried to start).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Attachments

• placard.jpg
    placard.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 33

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This was my 8th, although I don't see why this is relevant?

Just curious but it is relevant IMHO. There is a difference in how I process and appreciate a comment from a first timer thinking "****, there's loads of flags" and a seasoned goer like yourself who has seen them for years.

I stand by my opinion that they can detract from the experience.

Fair enough. I feel they enhance the experience though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here