Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixtures Day 2014/15 ***Official Thread***

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The festival is on 10 - 6.

But we don't use Stanmer Park for games. Are they directing the MumsNetters to park their 4x4s in the university or something?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ on a bike. IF this fixture change happens, we'll be the only football club in history to move a fixture due to Peppa Pig. Brilliant.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Christ on a bike. IF this fixture change happens, we'll be the only football club in history to move a fixture due to Peppa Pig. Brilliant.

and Dick!
8C9C031B-A7FF-8EA9-002870571E4A6C0B.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have to queue for buses & trains every week. I don't see why the Peppa Pig contingent can't either. Suck it up kids, here's an early life lesson for you.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Little Monsters site says - "Further information on car parking coming soon."
Obviously "We would like to encourage people to use public transport as buses and trains run regularly to within 20-30 minutes’ walk (through Stanmer Park) to the lawns in front of the church....Falmer Station is close to the main entrance to Stanmer Park." Um.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only 3 home evening league games between now and March :(

Oh, have no fear. Thanks to Sussex university, SkySports and the ****ing Octonauts, there will be plenty, I assure you :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The Nigels are going to absolutely lap this up.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Have no idea on this but would not be surprised if it were in the smallprint when agreed that we bow to any City planned, Council planned events.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh I couldn't give a toss what they think, I just can't believe they do a festival for bloody five year olds. On a Saturday. When I want to watch football (which is essentially the reason for my annoyance :lolol:)

"Dear Sheffield Wednesday fans. Those expensive train tickets you just booked, and that hotel: you can all cancel them right now as Peppa Pig is pissing about on a stage in a nearby park for the benefit of a thousand local toddlers. Sorry about that, hope you can get a refund. Regards, the Albion xx"

And, to be brutally honest, they will be well within their rights to.

Having to move a home game for Peppa Bloody Pig is quite possibly the noddiest, tin potiest, lame reason I have EVER heard.

Dear god, I can almost hear their keyboards pounding already.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club should dig its heels in , why on earth has the council not chosen an alternative date ? Ridiculous when you think we have to request an away game to start with because of Pride.

You've lost me. We're home on the first weekend and Pride is before the season starts.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
With all due respect, we really need to hit the ground running at the start of the season and not have a slow start like last time. The first 8 fixtures are all very winnable.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Also Fulham away, Charlton away and a potential big FA cup match in the space of two weeks. You couldn't make it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here