Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixture announcement breakfast

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow. Just had a look at the fixtures and realised that there are no easy games. Every one looks a tough challenge (Rotherham aside maybe.)

This is going to be a very tough league this season.
With that run in we'll need to be promoted by April. :dunce:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Nice going. Why don't you call him a bedwetter next for the full set?

I don't have a problem at all with them making something of the fixture announcement today - it's free to attend after all. But to bark the same tired Chailey Jem/Iraqi Information Minister sit-down-shut-up blether at anyone who might just be feeling slightly disenfranchised by our still dreadful squad is risible. Hate to break it to you but he might not be the only one.

Calm down!

I wouldn't call him a bedwetter because he's not. (It's such a stupid word, anyway, and just as ridiculous and undeserved as 'licker'. Both words belong in the primary school playground, not in reasonable discussions about our football club!)

I respect his opinion and understand why he thinks that way. I just didn't agree with his view that we shouldn't accept 'corporate' stuff until things are better on the pitch and I explained why.

If you read his response to my post and my follow-up, I think you are totally OTT in your criticism of me.

We have a squad that is well short of the standards we need and, hopefully, those involved in recruitment will be addressing this. That doesn't mean that the non-playing side of the club's operations should be dismissed as unacceptable, or irrelevant, or gratuitously criticised.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey, I miss every home game in August due to holidays and away for my beloved Huddersfield away.

I won't get to see who has taken the seat that my brother in law has given up, until September!

If you put your seat in the clubs ticket exchange, is it worth doing, ie do you get much money back?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Blimey, I miss every home game in August due to holidays and away for my beloved Huddersfield away.

I won't get to see who has taken the seat that my brother in law has given up, until September!

If you put your seat in the clubs ticket exchange, is it worth doing, ie do you get much money back?

I believe the ticket exchange only kicks in once all other available club tickets have been sold i.e. your seat doesn't even become available to be sold until this point is reached. I made my seat available a couple of times in the past and got nothing back

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I believe the ticket exchange only kicks in once all other available club tickets have been sold i.e. your seat doesn't even become available to be sold until this point is reached. I made my seat available a couple of times in the past and got nothing back

Ok. Cheers kev...ah well. Confirms my decision to give up the ST next season. Getting not worth it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ipswich is really good for pubs.

Granted they are all away from the ground. Trick is to get a cab to the furthest one at 1030 and drink your way to the ground.

I've never made it that far despite numerous visits - I have heard that the further afield boozers are more suited to bearded gentlemen ???

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I've never made it that far despite numerous visits - I have heard that the further afield boozers are more suited to bearded gentlemen ???

There are a couple that are very much for those that will only ever go somewhere in the GBG, but some of the other ones are decent.

Including one place, when we last played there on a Saturday, that for its Oktoberfest, had a DJ playing Oompah music.

However the DJ was a dwarf in Lederhosen!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just for once it would be great if other clubs were saying - "Wow, look at the signings Brighton have made this summer, they mean business this season......"

Hahahahahaha

You know what you are quite RIGHT

But as long as I have a hole in my arse that will NEVER EVER happen again.

Cue Chailey Jem blahblahblahblahblahblah

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
couple of the homes may change due to clashes with UoS open days/events

poss cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here