Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixture announcement breakfast

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really good idea. Some originality here likewise with camping at Amex. Shame the email motive was given out so late...

Not really original.

Camping on the pitch: Pompey 2012 (Tom Gorringe worked for Pompey when they did this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTwN_nUSlO8

Fixtures breakfast with Q&A: Sunderland do it every year - http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2013/june/tv-at-the-fixtures-breakfast

But, yes, it's still all very encouraging and a decent tactic to see what other clubs do and cherry pick some of the best ideas and do them ourselves.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Why advertise it at half 5 the night before? That's never enough time for anybody shirley?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Be surprised if anyone at all will go to this. I've heard more about Tom pigging Gorringe than I have about any single player.
Are we supposed to thank our lucky stars that we have this marketing genius on our books? I mean, I wait enthralled for his next "big idea".
My idea is for the management to realize that there is one area that we need to get right & that is on the pitch. Maybe ask Tom if has any ideas about that?

Hey Tom, how about a transfer deadline day drinking session? We could start at the Seven Stars & finish at midnight in Dicks. Last man standing gets a FREE t-shirt, (ill fitting, poor design).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hey Tom, how about a transfer deadline day drinking session? We could start at the Seven Stars & finish at midnight in Dicks. Last man standing gets a FREE t-shirt, (ill fitting, poor design).

With the number of miles you traveled to get to and support the session (very wrong)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My idea is for the management to realize that there is one area that we need to get right & that is on the pitch.

So the club can't go out of their way to do good (often free and paid for by sponsors) things with fans, season ticket holders, young fans until we're higher up the table ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why advertise it at half 5 the night before? That's never enough time for anybody shirley?

I think the real question is which business seminar got cancelled late on leaving them with a big round of bacon to get rid of.

Idea, great.

Notice, ridiculous.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really nice idea by the club.

Let's face the reality. If they'd given more notice, then 10,000 could have tried to sign up.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Be surprised if anyone at all will go to this. I've heard more about Tom pigging Gorringe than I have about any single player.
Are we supposed to thank our lucky stars that we have this marketing genius on our books? I mean, I wait enthralled for his next "big idea".
My idea is for the management to realize that there is one area that we need to get right & that is on the pitch. Maybe ask Tom if has any ideas about that?

What a miserable and clueless post.

Why would you want a marketing person to have a say on what happens on the pitch? Every club has numerous departments that have no involvement whatsoever in on-the-pitch matters. Do you want them all scrapped?

I'm pleased that we have PR and Marketing departments to raise the profile and revenue of the club. I don't always agree with some of the things they do and some things simply don't interest me. That doesn't mean they're wrong or they shouldn't exist.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The club should extend this spirit of generosity. Free pre-match beer announced at 2.44pm. Free away travel to anyone who can get to Pease Pottage as the teams are running out. Beer token for anyone who goes to Geneva and successfully guesses where we're playing.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn't get the mail. Maybe they have cancelled my season ticket?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I got the mail. Nice idea. Short notice I guess, but another quirky little idea. cannot understand the negativity on here, some people just want to criticise ANYTHING that the club do.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I got the mail. Nice idea. Short notice I guess, but another quirky little idea. cannot understand the negativity on here, some people just want to criticise ANYTHING that the club do.

If the club took some serious action in the transfer market for once, I think you would find people more accepting of the corporate side of matters.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Now this is a proper fixtures breakfast! Should be finished it by 9am...

374951_320486614649032_1796651801_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here