Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five to Keep

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Controversial one is that I'm not 100% on stockdale - but appreciate I'm in a minority of one here. Just doesn't dominate the box enough for me, making us very vulnerable to crosses in and around the 6 yard box. Makes some great saves I admit but fair share of mistakes too (including Wednesday's first on Friday which was crucial). Realistically probably not many better out there though in our price range.

Oh come on, he's been fantastic for us - and is passionate in his love for the club and his will for the team to succeed (you may scoff at that, but in the dressing room it's vital). He is not David De Gea, but what do you expect? Certainly one of the best keepers in the Championship - if not the best.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton
Kayal
Knockhaert

are the 3 that are most key to keep in my opinion.

Of course I don't want any of the rest of the squad to go other than the obvious ones with no future here.

Flydye75

May 17, 2016
Brighton
Not quite. The only public thing that Hughton has said on SM injury was that the op went well and it would normally be 6-9 months for that type of injury.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14160065.Seagulls_face_nervous_wait_over_injured_March/
That was mid December. So he's looking at June/July best case and Sept worst case on that type of timeframe. Solly has been out and about posing for pictures with fans at recent games and the beamback for Boro at the Amex etc.
https://twitter.com/breadesign/status/729037395019059202

Splitting hairs, but solly was at boro in the away fans, good lad.

Flydye75

May 17, 2016
Brighton
We obvi want to keep the core of the team and manager - so this thread could be shortened to:

Who would it kill you to lose? Me- kayal (as knocky on a longer contract and just came in)....and calde!

Which 1 'big name' would you accept leaving for decent money? Dunk £6m +? KLL £1.5m?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I think the title of this thread could easily be 15 to keep - which is a fantastic base moving into next season. We know no one will leave cheaply should anyone come in for them.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Remember Kayal and Stephens are both out of contract next summer (2017). Perversely, this makes it less likely they will leave this summer, because if they sit it out they will get a big signing on fee if they move next summer. Tony will want to secure them on longer term deals, ideally asap.

I would like us to sign Sidwell, and he has indicated he is keen, but he must be on a big wedge, and the risk is that a lower Prem team or PP Champ team would outbid us (see Stephen Ward 2 years ago).

I would let Greer go and step Rea up as reserve CB.

I would (reluctantly) move KLL on, as someone said above, the way he slows the game down does not suit our fast break style. Move on Elvis and Holla if possible. Think Crofts, who is out of contract, will be let go. JFC and Ince have to prove themselves in preseason.

Walton should step up to replace Casper in the 1st team squad.

Calde should be offered a coaching role with AITC to his taste.

We should take up the extra year option for Niki Maenpaa, and he should play all cup games.

My main fear is that a Prem team will bid for Anthony, and he will want to go. And losing Dunk or Goldson is a sizable risk too.

Two new strikers, replacing Bobby and Wilson. Nahki Wells or Bamford plus a big man, probably from abroad.

PG

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Oh come on, he's been fantastic for us - and is passionate in his love for the club and his will for the team to succeed (you may scoff at that, but in the dressing room it's vital). He is not David De Gea, but what do you expect? Certainly one of the best keepers in the Championship - if not the best.

Think I would have been in the doubtful camp myself last season but this season he has been immense and kept us in several games with terrific saves.

His distribution is also superb these days and given us numerous chances to score.

So, yep a thumbs up from me......[emoji106]

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't believe anyone is questioning the fitness of Bruno just because of his age.

He managed to play every game this season and looked immense, he's not going to suddenly be on his last legs in the space of 1 summer. I'd give him 2 years in a heartbeat, every now and then you get a player who lasts well into their 30s at a high level. I'm pretty sure Bruno is one of those.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe anyone is questioning the fitness of Bruno just because of his age.

He managed to play every game this season and looked immense, he's not going to suddenly be on his last legs in the space of 1 summer. I'd give him 2 years in a heartbeat, every now and then you get a player who lasts well into their 30s at a high level. I'm pretty sure Bruno is one of those.

He has earned at least a year, an absolute hero and possibly the most skilful player along with Knocky in the squad. No brainer that we keep him on, if he wants to stay

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

can't believe anyone would question bruno ...the guy is class and he stood out on monday....he had his off games but didn't they all .....more rotation next year could be a key.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Frankly I'd be happy to keep Elvis and Holla living the life of Riley so long as we can keep this team together for another go. Replacements for BZ and Wilson obviously needed (quality - and please no more Dutch!) and one or two top class additions and I'll be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here