Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five games left - how many points to secure a play-off place?

How many points will secure us a play-off place?

Votes: 4 2.6%

Votes: 16 10.3%

Votes: 52 33.3%

Votes: 52 33.3%

Votes: 15 9.6%

Votes: 5 3.2%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
ok seeing as this is all about predictions, here is what im plumping for, i am also throwing current form out the window as all bad runs, for good teams have to end sooner or later, yes even for us and Palace :lol:

Cardiff Barnsley (h) W, Nottm For (h) W, Charlton (h) W, Burnley (a) W, Bolton (h) W, Hull (a) L
Hull City Ipswich (a) W, Wolves (a) W, Bristol City (h) W, Barnsley (a) W, Cardiff (h) W
Watford Peterborough (a) W, Millwall (a) W, Blackburn (h) W, Leicester (a) L, Leeds (h) W
Palace Ipswich (a) W, Leicester (h) W, Blackburn (a) W, Millwall (a) D, Peterborough (h) W
Nottm For Cardiff (a) L, Middlesbrough (a) L, Barnsley (h) W, Millwall (a) D, Leicester (h) W
Brighton Middlesbrough (a) L, Peterborough (a) W, Blackpool (h) W, Leeds (a) W, Wolves (h) W
Leicester Birmingham (h) W, Bolton (h) W, Palace (a) L, Watford (h) W, Nottm For (a) L
Bolton Bristol C (a) W, Leicester (a) L, Middlesbrough (h) W, Cardiff (a) L, Blackpool (h) W
Middlesbrough Brighton (h) W, Nottm For (h) W, Bolton (a) L, Charlton (h) W, Sheff Wed (a) D
Derby Blackburn (a) W, Barnsley (a) W, Peterborough (h) W, Blackpool (a) W, Millwall (h) W

Final Table
Cardiff 94
Hull City 89
Watford 83
C.Palace 79
Brighton 74
Nottm F 70
Leicester 69
Derby 69
Bolton 69
Middlesbrough 65

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ah, just realised that this isn't a public poll, so it's obviously away fans (ie palace) who voted for 14/15 points.

No Brighton fan would be thick enough. Would they?

Edit: we can't get 14. Who was that bozo?

Indeed. You'd have to be a palace dimwit to think 13 points isn't mathematically enough.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
With the remaining fixtures, i rekon it'll be:

Boro - Draw
Peterbourough - Win
Blackpool - Win
Leeds - Draw
Wolves - Win

10 points, into the playoffs and happy days. Maybe we will need a goal to secure it against Wolves and Barnes will make up for everything and get us across the line......

Whatever happens, so long as we are still in with a shout, Wolves at the Amex will be ROCKING!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
ok seeing as this is all about predictions, here is what im plumping for, i am also throwing current form out the window as all bad runs, for good teams have to end sooner or later, yes even for us and Palace :lol:

Cardiff Barnsley (h) W, Nottm For (h) W, Charlton (h) W, Burnley (a) W, Bolton (h) W, Hull (a) L
Hull City Ipswich (a) W, Wolves (a) W, Bristol City (h) W, Barnsley (a) W, Cardiff (h) W
Watford Peterborough (a) W, Millwall (a) W, Blackburn (h) W, Leicester (a) L, Leeds (h) W
Palace Ipswich (a) W, Leicester (h) W, Blackburn (a) W, Millwall (a) D, Peterborough (h) W
Nottm For Cardiff (a) L, Middlesbrough (a) L, Barnsley (h) W, Millwall (a) D, Leicester (h) W
Brighton Middlesbrough (a) L, Peterborough (a) W, Blackpool (h) W, Leeds (a) W, Wolves (h) W
Leicester Birmingham (h) W, Bolton (h) W, Palace (a) L, Watford (h) W, Nottm For (a) L
Bolton Bristol C (a) W, Leicester (a) L, Middlesbrough (h) W, Cardiff (a) L, Blackpool (h) W
Middlesbrough Brighton (h) W, Nottm For (h) W, Bolton (a) L, Charlton (h) W, Sheff Wed (a) D
Derby Blackburn (a) W, Barnsley (a) W, Peterborough (h) W, Blackpool (a) W, Millwall (h) W

Final Table
Cardiff 94
Hull City 89
Watford 83
C.Palace 79
Brighton 74
Nottm F 70
Leicester 69
Derby 69
Bolton 69
Middlesbrough 65

3 conclusions from that from that:

1. You like the occasional spliff
2. You don't believe in draws
3. You're a Derby fan

:thumbsup:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Well, I didn't include a "don't know" option because, let's face it, none of us do. We're all speculating, guestimating and hypothesising. If we end up in the play-offs having taken less than 7 points from our next five games, I'll take my hat off to you. Or I would if I wore one.

And so would I, if I wore one. It may be a female thing but I can never work out these statistical conundrums!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think well get 3 points from our remaining games 3 draws & 2 defeats and end up 8th

Like last season we didn't win any of our last 5 games, this whole season has been a mirror image of last season and I can't see it changing in our push for the play offs
I hope I'm wrong

So do I but it has that feel about it again. The saddest aspect about finishing outside the play-offs is that some fans will be on here bleating about improvement...10th up to 8th...steady progress etc...and the following season when we are 7th...more improvement up one place etc.
FFS...where's the drive and ambition?...we can be a club in a hurry...its done Norwich and Soton no harm...lets be a club making a statement of intent and grab ourselves some of these riches on offer. We can match Swansea, WBA, Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, Soton etc with our infrastructure and the right team investment.
We have a better run-in ( on paper ) than most. Lets grab our chance.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So do I but it has that feel about it again. The saddest aspect about finishing outside the play-offs is that some fans will be on here bleating about improvement...10th up to 8th...steady progress etc...and the following season when we are 7th...more improvement up one place etc.
FFS...where's the drive and ambition?...we can be a club in a hurry...its done Norwich and Soton no harm...lets be a club making a statement of intent and grab ourselves some of these riches on offer. We can match Swansea, WBA, Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, Soton etc with our infrastructure and the right team investment.

For those that do you can't measure progress on League position or points total, it's much more complex and so much to do with the opposition. There are teams this year that could score more points than last and get relegated, did they improve? Fact is this has been a pretty crap league in terms of the quality of performances (results) pretty well across the board, maybe exclude Baadiff and Watford. So in that respect I'd say we haven't improved at all and we should have a load more points, but may still end up in play offs. Of course the converse view is that all teams have improved so much that it makes wins so much more difficult hence the narrow points range.

Suppose it depends on your point of view but I agree, there will be loads saying we finished higher so we must be better

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I imagine a fair few of those that will be smiling so much about an improvement of 10th to perhaps 9th, won't be so happy when it means we lose someone like Briddcutt to the Premier League due to lack of progress.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A win anytime soon would be a boost. Other than CP, none has been in sight for what seems like an epoch.

Were you at Forest or Charlton? We had three points at Forest and let it slip through our hands and battered Charlton. A little luck in either and we'd be four points better off. Wins aren't miles away. I think the last two games showed that whilst off the field we're being given a chance, on the field we're not getting the rub of the green. That will change soon.

Mind you, the closeness of this league shows how weak it is this year. What a missed opportunity if we dont go up!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I imagine a fair few of those that will be smiling so much about an improvement of 10th to perhaps 9th, won't be so happy when it means we lose someone like Briddcutt to the Premier League due to lack of progress.

Not only Bridcutt could also lose Upson, Bridge, Vicente, Lopez etc might even lose Gus
You can't bank on steady progress each season look at big sides struggling in the championship this season Wolves,Blackburn,Leeds etc all with bigger budgets than us, whose to say if we finished 7th this year we would get in the play offs next season we could end up fighting a relegation battle
We've a brilliant Opportunity to make the play offs this season if we blow it we might not get another chance for a couple of seasons

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not only Bridcutt could also lose Upson, Bridge, Vicente, Lopez etc might even lose Gus
You can't bank on steady progress each season look at big sides struggling in the championship this season Wolves,Blackburn,Leeds etc all with bigger budgets than us, whose to say if we finished 7th this year we would get in the play offs next season we could end up fighting a relegation battle
We've a brilliant Opportunity to make the play offs this season if we blow it we might not get another chance for a couple of seasons

We'll lose Bridge Upson & Vicente anyway regardless of final position.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
11 points , 3 wins and 2 draws

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At this stage, all we can say is that 13 points is required.

With that in mind, Middlesbrough is Must-Not-Lose, and then we can re-evaluate after Saturday, with it still in our hands.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I've gone for 9 points.

It's not just us that have got the jitters. The teams around us have too and will probably drop a few points between now and the end of the season.

I just hope that, when we play Wolves on that last day, we don't need to win for a play-ff place and they don't to win to stay up.

I don't think my nerves could handle it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here