Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five games left - how many points to secure a play-off place?

How many points will secure us a play-off place?

Votes: 4 2.6%

Votes: 16 10.3%

Votes: 52 33.3%

Votes: 52 33.3%

Votes: 15 9.6%

Votes: 5 3.2%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
It was the late late late injury time equaliser away at Forest last season that curtailed our season.
We never won a game from that game til the end of the season.

Hopefully not the same again, but as others have said, this season has so far been a remarkable carbon copy of last season.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It was the late late late injury time equaliser away at Forest last season that curtailed our season.
We never won a game from that game til the end of the season.

Hopefully not the same again, but as others have said, this season has so far been a remarkable carbon copy of last season.
Even yesterdays game to me was a carbon copy of the home game last year against Middlesbrough at the Amex on the back of the Forest away draw
We drew 1-1 with Boro and came aWay from that game thinking I dont think were quite ready and might blow the chance of a play off
Yesterday we drew 1-1 with Leicester and once again I came away from the Amex thinking were still not quite ready and might blow the chance of a play off

Even yesterdays game to me was a carbon copy of the home game last year against Middlesbrough at the Amex on the back of the Forest away draw
We drew 1-1 with Boro and came aWay from that game thinking I dont think were quite ready and might blow the chance of a play off
Yesterday we drew 1-1 with Leicester and once again I came away from the Amex thinking were still not quite ready and might blow the chance of a play off
Yes, but ... there's also the sense that Palace, Forest and Leicester are also blowing their chances, just like Middlesbrough have.

Most of the teams we are up against are playing like lemmings.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I voted 11 points
but those who have voted 9/10 could all be right
all the other teams have to play one another or have difficult games our last game is at home so I am hoping that nothing rides on it for Wolves.
play-off are always a bit of a lottery but we have as much chance as any of the others that might be there and knowing Gus he will know every player we might have to face and even know how he ties his boot laces
hold on it might be a bit of a SBT or a roller coaster ride but we must keep our nerve and more importantly so must the team:albion2:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yes, but ... there's also the sense that Palace, Forest and Leicester are also blowing their chances, just like Middlesbrough have.

Most of the teams we are up against are playing like lemmings.

I'm really hope I'm wrong Mr Bracknell, And we can go to Middlesbrough next week playing a team out of form in a half empty stadium with no atmos it might suit the players not playing in an intimidating venue like at Forest or the expectation of winning at home and they can relax and not feel so tense

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm really hope I'm wrong Mr Bracknell, And we can go to Middlesbrough next week playing a team out of form in a half empty stadium with no atmos it might suit the players not playing in an intimidating venue like at Forest or the expectation of winning at home and they can relax and not feel so tense

You're a bit pally with Mr? Bracknell--------I'm gonna call him Brackers from now on :thumbsup:
BTW I think we have drawn too many and will just get pipped--hope I'm wrong tho:albion2:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I suspect 9 points from five games will be enough I really think we will win our last two home games and Boro away

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Why is the lowest option 7? We can make the play-offs with less than that.

My arbitrary judgement that just six out of 15 points from the last five games won't be enough! Very happy to be wrong on that, but will be very surprised if I am ...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I wish there was a "don't know" option because I honestly don't know how many points we need. I would like to agree with Titus that we can retain a play off place with less than 7.

Well, I didn't include a "don't know" option because, let's face it, none of us do. We're all speculating, guestimating and hypothesising. If we end up in the play-offs having taken less than 7 points from our next five games, I'll take my hat off to you. Or I would if I wore one.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
:thumbsup:
Bolton still have to play - Bristol City (a), Leicester (a), Middlesbrough (h), Cardiff (a) and Blackpool (h)
Leicester play - Birmingham (h), Bolton (h), Palarse (a), Watford (H) and Notthingham Forest (a)
BHA play - Middlesbrough (a) Peterborough (a) Blackpool (h) Leeds (a) and Wolves (h)
Forest play - Cardiff (a) Middlesbrough (a) Barnsley (h) Millwall (h)and Leicester (h)
Palarse paly - Ipswich (a), Leicester (h), Blackburn (a), Millwall (a) and Peterborough (h)
I reckon Bolton will get 7 points, Leicester 5 points, BHA 8 points, Forest 9 points and Palarse 5 points - this will probably come back and bite me on the backside but i reckon we will be ok.

thanks for that.
seeing that actually makes me feel a lot better

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
In the last ten years the lowest amount required to make the play offs is 70 and the highest was 75 (the last two seasons have seen the 6th place team getting 75) I think this year it will be 70-72 so 3 wins and a draw will do it!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
A win anytime soon would be a boost. Other than CP, none has been in sight for what seems like an epoch.

The season for us could petter out into draws and losses, with the 19 month old problem continuing to haunt us .... a lack of goals.
The momentum lost from failing to beat little old Charlton at home, for example.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Average 2 points per game, done deal I'd have thought. Goal difference is important to remember as well (if no one else has mentioned it) - winning while also keeping clean sheets would be of obvious benefit.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
whoever said 14 is either trying to be funny, or needs to go back to school.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
This is crying out for a poll. For what it's worth, I think 10 points from our remaining 5 games will definitely secure a place. Possibly 8 might even be enough, if our rivals keep slipping up (and there are plenty of six-pointers in the remaining fixtures).

I reckon we can get three wins and a draw - most probably wins v Blackpool, Wolves and Leeds. A draw at Boro and a surprise defeat at Peterborough, who are still trying to beat the drop. But what do I know?

Anyone want a £100 REMF bet? We won't get 14 more points. Anyone disagree?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Palace seem to have the nicer run in too. They'll be fine.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I going 8 points. I think 70 points will be enough this season Bolton and Leicester have to play each other, can not see any team winning more then 3 games of the last 5.

This. I went for 8 for exactly the same reasons. Teams have qualified with 70 points before when the lower sides weren't doing so well.

Usually 74/75 is enough. I can't believe some people have voted for 14/15 points.

DO THE MATHS.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah, just realised that this isn't a public poll, so it's obviously away fans (ie palace) who voted for 14/15 points.

No Brighton fan would be thick enough. Would they?

Edit: we can't get 14. Who was that bozo?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here