Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Fishing for suggestions for my upcoming Brighton trip

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm amazed that no-ones mentioned The Bulldog in Kemp Town yet - I thought it was obligatory on threads like this???

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Fellow NSCers please correct me, but I thought the Churchill Square BHA store is still there? It may be worth stopping by there first if you were planning on taking the train as it does save you the better part of an hour and more time in the city centre where there’s a lot of good restaurants, local attractions and independent shops.

If you do end up going to the Amex the day before I would actually recommend taking the train to Lewes first and stopping by Falmer on the way back to Brighton. Its a nice historic market town which is the home of Harvey’s Brewery, the signature drink of Sussex (and the Albion!) and lots of good pubs nearby.

This may be unpopular but dont think its really worth visiting Goldstone or Withdean. As much as they’re part of the club’s history, there is really not much left behind in terms of the Albion's legacy. Withdean’s only real value is for posterity and telling the younger generations ‘look where we used to play!’ and the Goldstone is very much a shadow of what it used to be. Otherwise, there isn’t really a lot else going on at both places as they’re in suburban/industrial areas of Brighton and Hove. That being said, its a very welcome gesture and a nice thought.
It’s not there all year - it’s only a pop up store in the run up to Xmas

Jul 7, 2003
Last time I checked the club shop was still open in Churchill sq. much smaller than the site at the Amex but if it’s scarfs and stuff you want then go there and ditch items in hotel so you’ve got both drinking hands free for the match.
No, it is not there. It was only a pop up until xmas - https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2670565/churchill-square-pop-up-shop-now-open

It's not listed on the Churchill Square website either - https://churchillsquare.com/shops/

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bästa tipset är att ta med mig som din sidekick. Har fått många PM här genom åren om var man köper det fetaste rökar-knarket. Vi kan också ta en liten, liten grupprunk över Grahams tid i Östersund, och kanske åka upp och ner i den där megakuken de byggt på stranden där turister tydligen får pröjsa tjugo pund för att åka upp och titta på medioker utsikt.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Bästa tipset är att ta med mig som din sidekick. Har fått många PM här genom åren om var man köper det fetaste rökar-knarket. Vi kan också ta en liten, liten grupprunk över Grahams tid i Östersund, och kanske åka upp och ner i den där megakuken de byggt på stranden där turister tydligen får pröjsa tjugo pund för att åka upp och titta på medioker utsikt.
My missus is currently learning Swedish, we were in Malmo and Lund at the weekend. I will pass this to her for a bit of education, so hope it’s something that can be repeated!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My missus is currently learning Swedish, we were in Malmo and Lund at the weekend. I will pass this to her for a bit of education, so hope it’s something that can be repeated!
Really? Malmö is hideous but Lund is nice, not much of a winter city though.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Easy for you to say.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
:lolol: :lolol: Us Brightonians & Hovians (actually) prefer to call it a donut on a stick! :lolol:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yeah, I agree. The i360 is a rip off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here