Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fishing at night what can i expect to catch?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Used to coarse fish loads, and (no titters at the back please) competitively. The Ouse is good, particularly the tidal bit around Hamsey, but the Adur is better. Stuffed with fish. The Arun was always hard as hell, hated it.

Jan 30, 2008
Used to coarse fish loads, and (no titters at the back please) competitively. The Ouse is good, particularly the tidal bit around Hamsey, but the Adur is better. Stuffed with fish. The Arun was always hard as hell, hated it.
ABOVE THE WEIR where the pipe crosses the river??? plenty of bream with a few surprises thrown in the mix :wink:
regards
DR

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
ABOVE THE WEIR where the pipe crosses the river??? plenty of bream with a few surprises thrown in the mix :wink:
regards
DR

Yep as a member of H&DAC I agree, that is the best spot to fish on the ouse south of barcombe. caught some nice bream, chub and carp there, and spinning for pike in the winter can be good too!

Jan 30, 2008
Agreed...as long as you get the tide right.... :blush:
one bank is OUSE ANGLING PRESERVATION AND THE OTHER IS CLUB CONTROLLED ANY IDEA WHO BY? had some good sport there over the years , USED TO WALK UP FROM LANDPORT :), fishing into that bay in front of the weir and up on the bends past the pipe have been good
regards
DR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I spent a whole week in France carp fishing a few years ago without a bite.

And I bet that was still more interesting than watching the Albion under Oscar...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Jan 30, 2008
Hassocks if it's the weir I am thinking of - website here http://www.hassocksangling.co.uk/waters/river-ouse.php
yep that's the one, the Hamsey village bank has restricted access now, you used to be able to walk up the cut from Hamsey farm but i've noticed there's private land sign post at the entrance to the fields and access from the old barcoombe railway track has been stopped as well , SIGN OF THE TIMES EH , i used to walk up the old railway line to fish at the mills in Barcombe
regards
DR

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Another member of Hassocks here. Yeah the "Lewes side" is Ouse angling whereas the opposite side is Hassocks AC. There is a good run of most species up there.....Bream, Roach, dace, Bleak, Eels, Mullet, Pike, Sea trout and carp to 30lb.

Just a note for any river lovers.....from Wiley's bridge in Lewes, right down for as far as I know, it's free fishing. Carp to 30lb been caught opposite Tesco and all the species mentioned above are present again as well as the occasional Bass and Dab !!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
yep that's the one, the Hamsey village bank has restricted access now, you used to be able to walk up the cut from Hamsey farm but i've noticed there's private land sign post at the entrance to the fields and access from the old barcoombe railway track has been stopped as well , SIGN OF THE TIMES EH , i used to walk up the old railway line to fish at the mills in Barcombe
regards
DR

You can park very close by the river on the Hassocks side (just above the weir) - access through the farm on Lower Stoneham off the A26 (out of Lewes, past the Ringmer turning)

Have never fished the free stretch in Lewes but mates who have say it's brilliant. Added bonus is you can smell beer all day :lolol:

All this talk has made me think of rejoining - used to be a member (and of the match team). Just got to find the time to actually go.........

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I rekon any stretch of the Ouse...whether hassocks or free section is worth pre-baiting for a month....just particle feed when the tide is going out plus a few bits of your chosen hook bait....probably boilies. Then Bivvy up for the night on June 15th and fish the tide out on the 16th.

The Weir at Hamsey should have some good features, calm areas and must be worth a go at some time,

Jan 30, 2008
Another member of Hassocks here. Yeah the "Lewes side" is Ouse angling whereas the opposite side is Hassocks AC. There is a good run of most species up there.....Bream, Roach, dace, Bleak, Eels, Mullet, Pike, Sea trout and carp to 30lb.

Just a note for any river lovers.....from Wiley's bridge in Lewes, right down for as far as I know, it's free fishing. Carp to 30lb been caught opposite Tesco and all the species mentioned above are present again as well as the occasional Bass and Dab !!!!

THERE USED TO BE SIGNS UP SAYING LEWES DISTRICT COUNCIL RESIDENTS ONLY AND A PERMIT AVAILABLE FROM THE TOWN HALL but that was a few years back,yeah heard about the big carp , been some small catfish caught on the stretch out the back of malling estate
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
You can park very close by the river on the Hassocks side (just above the weir) - access through the farm on Lower Stoneham off the A26 (out of Lewes, past the Ringmer turning)

Have never fished the free stretch in Lewes but mates who have say it's brilliant. Added bonus is you can smell beer all day :lolol:

All this talk has made me think of rejoining - used to be a member (and of the match team). Just got to find the time to actually go.........
dodgy banks from Malling bridge down the brewery, need to have a look before you fish ,couple of sluices opposite tesco car park where you can get down and fish on the concrete or under the road bridge
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'll grant you Bass but I think you will find your Dabs are in fact Flounders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here