Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] First they took our Thermos, then our bottle tops, now its cycle helmets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It will be belts next. You can do a lot of damage with a big buckled belt. Then when our trousers fall down like Newcastle man we will all be banned for life. Empty stadium. No risk of violence. Sorted.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Who are most likely to want to sneak in pyrotechnics? My lads (16 & 14) walk straight through security every game .... Doris, 68, from Peacehaven is searched though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who are most likely to want to sneak in pyrotechnics? My lads (16 & 14) walk straight through security every game .... Doris, 68, from Peacehaven is searched though.

Doris is a wrong'un, they'll get her one day.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well, they can go ckuf themselves if they think I'm leaving £400's worth of motorcycle helmet in a cupboard that anyone can access whilst the game is going on.

Chuffin' 'ell, my bike only cost £200!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well, they can go ckuf themselves if they think I'm leaving £400's worth of motorcycle helmet in a cupboard that anyone can access whilst the game is going on.

This is an issue.

I offered up a can of soft drink to the stewards before one game. "No problem mate, we'll put it in the cupboard for you".

After the game I said to a (different steward) "I've got something in the cupboard" whereupon he opened the cupboard and it was like Aladdin's cave! Could have had anything or everything; the steward wasn't even watching.

So whilst the cupboard is fine for stuff you can afford to lose, it's not the place to deposit anything of any value.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a can of David Beckham bodyspray confiscated at the turnstile once, and put in a cupboard. I was too embarrassed to go back for it.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
This is an issue.

I offered up a can of soft drink to the stewards before one game. "No problem mate, we'll put it in the cupboard for you".

After the game I said to a (different steward) "I've got something in the cupboard" whereupon he opened the cupboard and it was like Aladdin's cave! Could have had anything or everything; the steward wasn't even watching.

So whilst the cupboard is fine for stuff you can afford to lose, it's not the place to deposit anything of any value.

Didn't happen to see Izquierdo in there did you

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Not been allowed to take in crash helmets since the start of this season. Been taking them in since the start of the Amex.

Had it out with the Supervisor and the Manager but the twunts just say that "it's the rules" either leave it or your not going in. The attitude of having the ability to stop someone from doing something just goes to their tiny head (in their large High Vis jackets).

And yet someone brought in a couple of flares in the away stand v Watford I think it was. Ridiculous.

Out of curiosity, is there a list of prohibited items?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
See Post #33

...........with no mention of helmets be they cycle, motor bike or Palace

I can see why they wouldn't want a mob wearing full crash helmets in the stadium so I understand why there is a blanket ban, but surely lockers with pad locks or codes with a minimal charge would solve the problem. Can't they be chained to the bike?

I've some sympathy for the stewards who would probably lose their job if they allowed fans to break the rules.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm mightily relieved to see that musical instruments are banned.

Cycle helmets though? Hardly bowling balls or snooker balls or cues in terms of offensive weapons.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I'm mightily relieved to see that musical instruments are banned.

Cycle helmets though? Hardly bowling balls or snooker balls or cues in terms of offensive weapons.

Plus sort of flies in the face of the sustainable transport policy that was part of the planning application.
You can ride your bikes but not safely because the safety equipment poses a hazard inside the stadium.
Smacks of Barber or Adrian Morris

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
...........with no mention of helmets be they cycle, motor bike or Palace

I can see why they wouldn't want a mob wearing full crash helmets in the stadium so I understand why there is a blanket ban, but surely lockers with pad locks or codes with a minimal charge would solve the problem. Can't they be chained to the bike?

I've some sympathy for the stewards who would probably lose their job if they allowed fans to break the rules.

Surprised no one has picked up or ridiculed me for innocently suggesting there was a ban on blankets!

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
OP here, good news, I have had official confirmation from Adrian Morris that cycle helmets are not a prohibited item at the AMEX, and it was a misunderstanding.
Sense has prevailed

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
OP here, good news, I have had official confirmation from Adrian Morris that cycle helmets are not a prohibited item at the AMEX, and it was a misunderstanding.
Sense has prevailed

Excellent, then I shall cycle to the next match:

image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here