Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] First they took our Thermos, then our bottle tops, now its cycle helmets

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes. This is how Nazi Germany started.

First they came for the Thermos flasks, and I did not speak out—because I was not a flask user.

Then they came for the bottle tops, and I did not speak out— because I don't drink bottles at football

Then they came for the cycle helmets, and I did not speak out—because I was not a cyclist to the Amex.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At one away game, a zealous steward wanted to confiscate my eyedrops. I pointed out they were a prescripted medication. I had to argue to keep them. Fortunately another steward had a bit more common sense.

After Albions recent performances, if they were teardrops, I can understand the Barber Police trying confiscate them.
Emotions aren't allowed at the Amex :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They confiscated my false leg, I was hopping mad to say the least...

Still one of the funniest moments at Withdean, where a drunken fan was being ejected from block H. He had fallen down in a heap on the steps, so several stewards grabbed a limb each, but the poor steward who grabbed the false leg, found himself holding the prosthetic limb, as the fan went down the block with the others.
The block was in hysterics.
:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First they came for the Thermos flasks, and I did not speak out—because I was not a flask user.

Then they came for the bottle tops, and I did not speak out— because I don't drink bottles at football

Then they came for the cycle helmets, and I did not speak out—because I was not a cyclist to the Amex.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Well, that's what happens when you collude with Nazis by being passively aggressive. You need to be more revolting.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
At one away game, a zealous steward wanted to confiscate my eyedrops. I pointed out they were a prescripted medication. I had to argue to keep them. Fortunately another steward had a bit more common sense.

At Saturday's game the steward inspected my tiny bottle of eyedrops closely and put my cycle helmet in the cupboard. At the end of the match I retrieved it from there on my own seemingly without anyone noticing. Nice one guys :ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At Saturday's game the steward inspected my tiny bottle of eyedrops closely and put my cycle helmet in the cupboard. At the end of the match I retrieved it from there on my own seemingly without anyone noticing. Nice one guys :ffsparr:

You obviously look as dangerous as me!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They confiscated my false leg, I was hopping mad to say the least...

They confiscated my false arms. But I was allowed in because I was arm less.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
I lock my on the bike, i agree it's a bit improbable that a cyclist would want to throw their crash hat at someone but what about those pesky "intent on causing trouble at any costs" that most clubs have a few of ?
I've been told to not wear my hi viz cycling jacket in the ground as it could confuse people into thinking i'm a steward and i'm waiting for the day i get told to collect my shoes after the match as they have cleats on the bottom of them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I know a lot of you wont be bothered about cyclists, but it now appears that cycle helmets may be on the banned list of items now.
I regularly take my helmet into the stadium, as others, in a small bag, but on the bag search on saturday, they took exception to my helmet and whisked me away to put it in a cupboard at reception. Apparently I could use it as a weapon ! Unbelievable, apart from being expensive and will be no use if damaged, its not exactly going to cause a huge injury. I thought the club encouraged cycling to matches!
What ever next?:ohmy:

Show the steward the details on acceptable/unacceptable items that is available on the club website (as below)

Screenshot (32).png

and ask the steward to indicate where cycle helmets are shown.

Alternatively send an email to PB asking when and why cycle helmets are now banned, and why this has not been communicated and the club site updated.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Maybe they need to double them up as urinals when/ if they build the outside toilet block

You mean they’re taking the piss now too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here