Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First the hostesses, now the tea.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Pathetic. Continually chipping away at the match day experience to save two bob. Mrs MP won't be pleased. Shame they don't have the decency to announce these changes before they get you to sign up.

A little more of the love dies.

I imagine 1901 ers will be able to claim compensation. Having paid for something they are now getting less....Any Lawyers on here ???

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
You get better value for money than me. I haven't been with SP since 2014, but they've still taken money out of my account. It's theft, plain and simple.

Oh genius!!

I would just put it to the CEO and also use any solicitor friends you have. I am not a moaner but will complain high level of I think something is crap. Before I have got a friend to write a letter with his headed solicitor paper just saying about details etc. they would like and it did the trick

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What grates the most is that the club openly admit in the passage I quoted that it was a goodwill gesture. And it's a very cheap goodwill gesture at that. Its removal sends out a very clear message. Petty and pathetic are words which spring to mind.
Yep - thanks for signing up for 5 years - now deal with this. Minor in the scheme of things but petty and conveyed using weasel words.

Jul 7, 2003
They were putting up the graphics for the new HB's restaurant on Thursday while I was on a stadium tour with the kids. This is the new 1901 restaurant to replace the old Harry Bloom lounge. I'm sure they'll do you a lovely cup of tea in there for about a fiver!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I wonder how much the new smart cards and lanyards will cost to produce and post? Mine still works fine and the sponsor hasn't changed. Happy to waste money on that and yet penny pinch on what used to be nice touches.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder how much the new smart cards and lanyards will cost to produce and post? Mine still works fine and the sponsor hasn't changed. Happy to waste money on that and yet penny pinch on what used to be nice touches.

Good point. I thought one of the advantages of the smart cards is that you can keep and re-use them?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I'm sorry to say that the club we love have now become quite snidey and sneaky. I think it's fundamentally wrong that they got people to sign up to new 5 year deals and then start making little changes that sound like nothing but it's the feeling you get by the decision, basically 'we don't really care'.

A few mates of mine have 1901 membership and none of them have received their new lanyards or parking permits even though they re-signed last November!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
2012/13 £480k
2013/14 £652k
2014/15 £558k (third highest paid CEO in the division behind that of Norwich (£1.19 million) and Fulham (£594k)

For the sake of comparison Ken Brown was paid £143k in 2011/12.

FWIW I think that PB is paid a fair amount, and does a very good job.

At the same time before being accused of being a licker I have fundamentally disagreed with some of his decisions and the way things have been communicated, but they are his decisions to make, not mine.
It goes up and down ahellofalot - is he on some complicated performance related package? if my income bounced around £100k a year, I'm not sure if I could budget to afford the payments on the yacht.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It goes up and down ahellofalot - is he on some complicated performance related package? if my income bounced around £100k a year, I'm not sure if I could budget to afford the payments on the yacht.

It's between TB and PB, but there will be performance related elements to the pay award. Some could be linked to on the field activities (we were 6th in 2014 and 20th in 2015), some could be related to success in relation to player trading, although in 2014 we sold players for just under £5m and in 2015 it was £11m.

image.jpeg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worth a re-bounce given they can't even manage to send us our tickets on time.

As others have said, the cost of sending out new passes to 2000+ whose passes already worked fine must be more than a bit of hot water and cheap tea and coffee. Penny pinching in the extreme. Personally this now means that I won't ever go to the lounge now, so the odd bit of food I did buy when I happened to be there for a tea/coffee now won't get purchased. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

It's a small thing but it's the metaphorical slap in the face feeling that won't just go away.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Tea is one on those things that can't cost much to provide anyway.

Very roughly.......
1) Teabag...................1p
2) Milk........................2p
3) Sugar.....................0.75p per spoonful.
4) Water.....................Minimal
5) Service..................£8 per hour split down to 10-15 seconds......0.25p

Answer.....change out of 5p. ( Cost on the concourse £2.00+ )

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very roughly.......

5) there is/was no service really. It's two big pots of hot water and coffee and help yourself.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Very roughly.......

You've forgotten the cup and stirrer!!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
They were putting up the graphics for the new HB's restaurant on Thursday while I was on a stadium tour with the kids. This is the new 1901 restaurant to replace the old Harry Bloom lounge. I'm sure they'll do you a lovely cup of tea in there for about a fiver!

They've just put a picture of this 'stylish new restaurant' on their FB feed. If that's stylish then they've clearly got Joseph Fritzl in as an interior designer. Looks more like an airport Costa Coffee...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very roughly.......

5) there is/was no service really. It's two big pots of hot water and coffee and help yourself.
Exactly. If it's saving the club much money, then fair enough, but I can't imagine it will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here