Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First the hostesses, now the tea.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The guy owning the pier at Eastbourne has apparntly banned people for taking on their own food and drinks - whatever next for the Amex?

Would imagine that at some point, probably quite soon, there will be a ban on wearing Albion shirts that don't bear the current sponsor's name on the front.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I do hope this will be offset with extra prawns.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I do hope this will be offset with extra prawns.

Hotdogs only i,m afraid,still can add some mayo/ketchup and you'll be just fine..

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Will be chaos in 1901 if they don't give coffee at half time - already impossible to get 10% of people served at the bar, if everyone needs to buy at drink (which is outrageous given the price paid anyway) there is zero chance, and it could get nasty!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Will be chaos in 1901 if they don't give coffee at half time - already impossible to get 10% of people served at the bar, if everyone needs to buy at drink (which is outrageous given the price paid anyway) there is zero chance, and it could get nasty!
Great rant apart from the fact you can pre-order drinks for halftime making it moot.

Slimy tactics though, twisting results of a survey to justify this. And announcing it after people have renewed. I look forward to the massive improvements made to my lounge though. :tumble:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

made-men-fight.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The effects of brexit taking their toll

:lolol: hell my good friend,i would have said NEVER,however....i recently purchased a food item,well a POT NOODLE to be correct,Beef and Tomato..

Normally there is a sachet of tomato sauce inside the top of the packet,to my horror when i opened the lid there was nothing!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's Brexit i tell you..

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
S
:lolol: hell my good friend,i would have said NEVER,however....i recently purchased a food item,well a POT NOODLE to be correct,Beef and Tomato..

Normally there is a sachet of tomato sauce inside the top of the packet,to my horror when i opened the lid there was nothing!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's Brexit i tell you..

Cant believe you didn't buy bombay bad boy......you havent been thinking straight for a few months now.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
S

Cant believe you didn't buy bombay bad boy......you havent been thinking straight for a few months now.....

Yes and that was Brexit,remember i have Baby brain fog now,My 2nd daughter was born healthy 6 pound 2-12 days ago...

Bombay Bad boy? that could do the trick...:bowdown:

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
Attended the Lazio game and was relocated from Riverdale to what was the Bupa lounge. Went to get my "free" coffee at halftime only to be told I needed a token. Long line at the bar so did not bother. Sent an email to 1901 suggesting that the caterers encouraged club members to pre- purchase tokens for half-time coffee/tea
I do think it would have been sensible for the club to have informed members at the time of renewal of this change. They did state that entrance to friendly matches was being excluded why not half time warm drinks

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Reminds me of the letter I have in front of me from Scottish Power:
"I fully appreciate that you want a resolution to your complaint as quickly as possible and that on this occasion it is taking a little longer to fix your issue. Our customer satisfaction surveys indicate many customers would rather wait a little longer to ensure their enquiry is fully resolved."

****ing idiots. Of course we'd like the enquiry fully resolved, otherwise it's not ****ing resolved is it!

"Our customers said they'd rather pay a little more than keep paying the same but have their electricity cut off" :rolleyes:

I had the same. Went direct to the CEO with that and the breakdown of my bill which suggested 50% of the cost went on Customer Services.

As I hadn't received anything near reasonable service I stated I felt that paying just the wholesale cost would be more appropriate. I think it was £100-200 they gave me in the end

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I bet ! the volume of TUTTING and HARRUMPHING in the 1901 will be AWFUL :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Getting a cheaper CEO would save a couple of bob, what's he on £450k+?

2012/13 £480k
2013/14 £652k
2014/15 £558k (third highest paid CEO in the division behind that of Norwich (£1.19 million) and Fulham (£594k)

For the sake of comparison Ken Brown was paid £143k in 2011/12.

FWIW I think that PB is paid a fair amount, and does a very good job.

At the same time before being accused of being a licker I have fundamentally disagreed with some of his decisions and the way things have been communicated, but they are his decisions to make, not mine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had the same. Went direct to the CEO with that and the breakdown of my bill which suggested 50% of the cost went on Customer Services.

As I hadn't received anything near reasonable service I stated I felt that paying just the wholesale cost would be more appropriate.
You get better value for money than me. I haven't been with SP since 2014, but they've still taken money out of my account. It's theft, plain and simple.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
2012/13 £480k
2013/14 £652k
2014/15 £558k (third highest paid CEO in the division behind that of Norwich (£1.19 million) and Fulham (£594k)

For the sake of comparison Ken Brown was paid £143k in 2011/12.

FWIW I think that PB is paid a fair amount, and does a very good job.

At the same time before being accused of being a licker I have fundamentally disagreed with some of his decisions and the way things have been communicated, but they are his decisions to make, not mine.
I'm sure he's getting the right money for what he does, I was being a bit facetious really given his seemingly shitty decisions on the Seven Stars and denying our well heeled fans their half time cuppa.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What grates the most is that the club openly admit in the passage I quoted that it was a goodwill gesture. And it's a very cheap goodwill gesture at that. Its removal sends out a very clear message. Petty and pathetic are words which spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here