Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

first song at amex what should it be ?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Brass band on the pitch doing "Sussex by the Sea" followed by Dick Knight and Tony Bloom on the pitch, microphones in hand, leading the whole ground in a deafening rendition of "Build a Bonfire." Lest we forget.

I see so it has to be some pathetic anti-Palace anthem to start the new era of peace and love. what a waste of time you are Lord B..

You should try something more upbeat anyway, how about a football version of the Quo's "Rocking All Over the World"? Better than some old hate crap from the 1970's.
I would say virtually 3/4 of the ground would not have a clue what it means.

Good grief.

I fear you might be right, Beachy.

In the 10 minutes before kick-off.

By the fans:
• "Where were you when we were sh*t"
• And an ironic chorus of "There's no one there, there's no one there" possibly followed by "We'd fill your stadium, we'd fill your stadium"
• Also I know some people don't like the "left side, right side" but I think a round of "We're the North/East/West..." will get a bit of competitive singing going. Can the enthusiastic North overcome the massive West? Should West Upper and Lower be separate?

On the PA:
• 5 mins before the teams come out, "Right Here, Right Now"
• as the team come out GOSBTS

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I see so it has to be some pathetic anti-Palace anthem to start the new era of peace and love. what a waste of time you are Lord B..

You should try something more upbeat anyway, how about a football version of the Quo's "Rocking All Over the World"? Better than some old hate crap from the 1970's.

Oh dear.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No mate, it's about Belloti and Archer.

Although this does rather prove my point about people not knowing what the song is about.

Sorry I didn't realise this was a 1990's hate theme, I'm sure I heard someone singing it with a reference to Selhurst being torched. Is it on a record?

southcoastdaz

Feb 24, 2009
Green green grass of home - could sound great if the whole crowd sing along with the chorus. Gotta run out to Sussex by the sea though.

Wel I won't be there that often. Could you please set out the lyrics of the "Burning Song" for us Lord B? Just so I know.

Not a dig at all mate, but look at the top of the board and find the sticky thread about the book "Build a Bonfire" buy said book and read it, it will bring you to tears at points at just how close we came to extinction.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Wel I won't be there that often. Could you please set out the lyrics of the "Burning Song" for us Lord B? Just so I know.

??? You are :fishing: surely?

If you are, it ain't a very good attempt.

If you're not, why on earth post something like that on here?

Silly season indeed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here