Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First signs of bottling it creeping in

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The was a banana skin averted last night with a battling performance. A wins a win.

The next 3 are winnable, and with Burnley to play 'boro next week, the Derby game is starting to look like 'the' game.

Derby again eh? How much changes Ina couple of seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Wait til Saturday 3pm when burnley are in 3rd , convinced they will bottle the next 3 games. So confident we will go up in the top 2!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Birmingham need to win tonight so they are more interested when they play Burnley on Saturday.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Derby again eh? How much changes Ina couple of seasons.

A pivotal game in which we'll take the lead in with a young Man Utd loan player scoring first for us, for Dunk to give away a penalty then a OG from Stockdale as Derby come from behind to win 1-2............................:tantrum:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What's in our favour is burnley and Boro have to play each other, if they didn't then it's play offs for sure, but one of them will drop points, I'm hoping for a Boro win, Burnley are our target in my opinion
This. CH needs to get on SSN every hour telling the public how much pressure Burnley are under and how lowly Brighton are happy to be in the top half, a-la Fergie & Keegan. I'd luv it!

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I disagree with the OP but the next 3 games are must wins because, rather annoyingly, Derby appear to be back in form and will be tougher opposition.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's 5 games we're talking about. Could be less if we can win the next 4 as I can see others slipping up.

I'd start with the following every game...

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak
Hemed
Wilson
No more starts for Murphy! Very harsh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For the record, I think is one of the best seasons we have had for many many years. Yes it was not a good 2nd half but we got the job done. Hughton has done a magnificent job with the squad.

I thought stating "Mildly better than last season" made it obvious that the post was not serious. Maybe I should have been more clear
You know what NSC is like, we get posters who do seem to think what you wrote, so sarcasm is difficult to pick up.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We need absolute focus for Friday night. Fulham have had a bad season but they're unbeaten in four and have won the last three. That is a potential banana skin.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What's in our favour is burnley and Boro have to play each other, if they didn't then it's play offs for sure, but one of them will drop points, I'm hoping for a Boro win, Burnley are our target in my opinion

I think our target depends on the result of Boro's game in hand tonight. If they beat Reading, which I'd expect them to, then Burnley are very much the team we need to overhaul.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I may well be in the minority, usually am, but I thought we played quite well 1st half doing all that we needed to be the better side and obviously they improved in the 2nd half but we didnt up our game to match them but were resolute and despite some bad moments hung in there. Exactly what good teams do and what is needed for promotion.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Scraped it tonight. Another play offs lottery looms. Still, mildly better than last season I guess.

Biggest load of w**k I have seen for at least a day on NSC
FFS unbelievable.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's 5 games we're talking about. Could be less if we can win the next 4 as I can see others slipping up.

I'd start with the following every game...

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Rosenior
Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Skalak
Hemed
Wilson

Think Baldock is back for Friday, surely he starts over Wilson.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We need absolute focus for Friday night. Fulham have had a bad season but they're unbeaten in four and have won the last three. That is a potential banana skin.

Best thing going in our favour at the moment is the opposition don't know who our danger man is. Practically the whole side is weighing in with goals now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Best thing going in our favour at the moment is the opposition don't know where our next goal is coming from, practically the whole side is weighing in with goals now.

I feel like Stephens has got a couple of screamers due from just outside the box too...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yup. I should have added a Smiley or two maybe
Where's the fun in that? If you're going to add a smiley, you may as well not bother posting it in the first place.

Re-reading your OP, I can see you were joking, but the thread title didn't help, because quite a few people will think we did bottle it, and got lucky. If you'd just said "Scraped it tonight. Still, mildly better than last season I guess." we might have got the joke. Not that I'm in any position to advise
smile.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here