Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First signs of bottling it creeping in

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Complete rubbish. The opposite of bottling it. Dug in and got all three points. The sign of a good side and a huge team effort. Massive win tonite.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
The problem is, our best players will all be too knackered. Sidwell hasn't been great, but he's improving each game. Kaz is out of form, but how's he going to get back to form if we never play him? Murphy has been great, didn't do well today (albeit out of position). We will need more than our best 11 if we're going to make it.
Rubbish. No more knackered than Boro and Burnleys best players.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
The problem is, our best players will all be too knackered. Sidwell hasn't been great, but he's improving each game. Kaz is out of form, but how's he going to get back to form if we never play him? Murphy has been great, didn't do well today (albeit out of position). We will need more than our best 11 if we're going to make it.

I don't think it matters anymore, sheer desire and ambition can take us over the line from here. The prize is great for every player, the same for the other teams but who knows what can happen from here

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't think it matters anymore, sheer desire and ambition can take us over the line from here. The prize is great for every player, the same for the other teams but who knows what can happen from here

Exactly. I reckon no player wants to be out of he side at the moment. How many hid when things were shit under Sami for example.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im struggling here, how is scraping for a late winner construed as bottling it?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Quite, and interestingly, all three of them can still say that it is in their own hands.

Yeah quite, there's some key fixtures coming up. I think form really has truly gone out the window now, it's crunch time and it's great we're involved

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guess our manager disagrees with you. Maybe you should write to him.
No more knackered than Boro and Burnleys best players.
'brough haven't been keeping the same starting 11 - Downing/Stuani Nugent/Rhodes swapping I think. I imagine Burnley's players are a bit knackered, Barnes returning should help them a little.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
im struggling here, how is scraping for a late winner construed as bottling it?

If we'd settled for a point, I could understand it, but taking on 5 or 6 players in the penalty area, & still manage to pass it to be slotted home, is far from bottling it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
'brough haven't been keeping the same starting 11 - Downing/Stuani Nugent/Rhodes swapping I think. I imagine Burnley's players are a bit knackered, Barnes returning should help them a little.
I do wish they'd stop picking Ramirez and pick Rhodes every week - Rhodes is the most overrated play in the league.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think there were any signs of bottling it tonight. Kayal was below par and the TV referred to a niggling groin issue, it looks to me like he's not fully fit but playing through it. I think this is affecting the rest of the team because the bite and tempo isn't quite there.

Other players need to step up to the plate and tonight I thought Dunk was excellent, quite vocal and growing in stature.

Team spirit looks excellent, the manager seems to be making the right calls on selection and substitutions. I felt we could have been more ruthless going after the second goal in the first half, but 1 defeat in 15 with 34/45 points is promotion form.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
If we'd settled for a point, I could understand it, but taking on 5 or 6 players in the penalty area, & still manage to pass it to be slotted home, is far from bottling it.

Good point and something we haven't always seen this season. That's what I'm trying to get across about sheer desire for the prize from the players. Here on in its all about that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We are winning games when we look like losing. That's a good sign. We've got every chance. I think CH needs to start his strongest team now for every game. That means starting with Knocky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree with your sentiment, tonight is the first time that's happened pretty much all season. In fact, a draw would have been fair tonight - the stats reflect that too, so not even sure we looked like losing... Burnley have been the ones consistently winning ugly - not us...

I agree we were poor 2nd half & lucky tonight but first 20-25 mins we were absolutely electric - I don't think we should forget how much we dominated that first period away from home...!

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I guess our manager disagrees with you. Maybe you should write to him.
I probably won't bother Mr H as there are plenty more qualified people on NSC that can put me right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do wish they'd stop picking Ramirez and pick Rhodes every week - Rhodes is the most overrated play in the league.
Rhodes has started the last few hasn't he? And you know he's now going to score the goal against us that puts us in the playoffs.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Rhodes has started the last few hasn't he? And you know he's now going to score the goal against us that puts us in the playoffs.

Yeah I wouldn't say Rhodes is overrated, he's a threat in this division for sure

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Scraped it tonight. Another play offs lottery looms. Still, mildly better than last season I guess.

Or put it another way....... Scrapped out an excellent and never gave up despite not playing well.
Burnley fans are bricking it now (making you sound comparatively positive).
Momentum, luck, attitude, spirit......... All on our side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here