first pub you were served in?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Does it specifically have to be a pub?
If not then age 14 at the Hammersmith Palais (a Jesus & Mary Chain/Sonic Youth gig where I ended up standing next to John Peel - rest his soul - for most of the gig).

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was a small teenager. Some called me The Mighty Atom. Others simply labelled me the Tiny Shite. Either way, i was always going to be a super-hero, burrowing my way into the minds of the evil and laying my disruptive eggs in their nefarious plans.
But, to answer the question, i was 14 and down that pub in Brighton town that went gay and is now a cafe-bar at the end of Kensington Gardens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
16, at the Gardeners Arms in Portslade. A complete dive of a pub, but a couple of cheap pool tables out the back, and a barmaid with a large mole on her tit which made it look like her nipple was hanging out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
White Horse, Steyning, age 16. I think I was the oldest one in there.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Old Vic, now O'neils in the lanes, I was 14 and we went to see The 4 Guns, Brighton Premiere punk band at the time, Pint of Carling 98p !!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Belle view... when i was 15.:lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

The 'Old' Railway Tavern in Portslade in 1985 what a dive and is still.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
i was 14 and down that pub in Brighton town that went gay and is now a cafe-bar at the end of Kensington Gardens.

^
^
^
^
^
CRUSTY.

Can't remember where mine was.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Some bar on a beach in Italy when I was 14.

In England I think I was probably about 16 when I 1st got served, in some pub right next to Churchill Square Mall which was infamous for its underage drinkers. :drink:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
16 in some club in Iquitos, Peru:cool:

First time in England probably at the Walkabout, my what a superb underage drinking institution that used to be. Those were the days...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Aged 17, The Golden Eagle in Haywards Heath. Can't quite remember but it might have still been called The Pilgrim back then.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
My first pub was The Star in Roffey, Horsham then about 17, but had been served at Radio One Roadshows they used to hold at Horsham Sports Centre. I was probably only 15-16. The roadshows used to be one big piss up for underage drinkers until the famous Janice Long roadshow. This ended with all the bouncers fighting thge local group of nutters. Still remember the lone copper having his helmet nicked then jumped on. :clap2:

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
16, at the Gardeners Arms in Portslade. A complete dive of a pub, but a couple of cheap pool tables out the back, and a barmaid with a large mole on her tit which made it look like her nipple was hanging out.

You paint a vivid picture.

Many of my early drinking sessions were at the Hungry Years Rock Disco.

Both in the pub area and in the rock disco. One of my mates at school was the son of the owners.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
15, The Mitre, Baker Street.

(Deep voice, 'Pint of lager & black, my good man'):drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports