Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

first pub you were served in?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
bigc said:
lol....Hangleton Manor...nice enough place...f***ing mission for me though.

I may add from December and the Village Inn, till the start of April, I had no ID asks at all..which was kool.

bloody easy bar ruining my 100% record.

You made the South Terminal Wetherspoons your local?

I can't think of anywhere more soulless. Where do you live then? Surely it's a bit of a mission to get to just to get a pint?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
not been in there for years (29). the whole of my class, except the do gooders, all went in there in uniform, took off our ties and all got served :nono:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Mine was also a Wetherspoons mind, the Oxted Inn, in Oxted - funnily enough.

I was 17, a bit of a late starter.

Be down there every lunchtime when I was a sixth former for a beer and a burger for £3. Glorious VALUE days.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
it was a one off. i'd already had 4 pints at the fly in bar,that my mate with fake ID had got. but my other mate jumped on the london train instead of the brighton train at shoreham station. so we got off at gatwick to decide whether to go to london.

we did, and i got served for the 2nd time in the Polar Bear, just outside China Town.

weird night...but f***ing quality

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Three Tuns in Steyning, I was about 15, must have been 1980. The pub is now a dentists surgey I think, and flats

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
15 in the bar at the Brighton Centre when I went to see Muse I believe.

Never had any trouble with getting in or served since then either, partly due to being 6ft 6" and having a full grown beard!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Safeway said:
You must have gone to Ratton, then? I did and I'm 28, so you must have been in the year above. :ohmy:
sorry safeway i meant that i hadnt been in there for 29 years. i am 44 and i went to the then eastbourne grammar school. sorry m8e. had some good scraps with ratton though :lolol:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The Sussex Yeoman in Worthing (when it had a Public Bar) at 16. A pint of mild for 1 and 11d (that's almost 10p).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
think it was either the Mile Oak or the Park View

both i was 18

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
tinx said:
About 15 at the Stout house in horsham.

Ah the stout house...that would have been probably the second pub I got served in.

What was the first pub you got BARRED from?

I got barred from B52s in Horsham when I was about 16.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Barnet Seagull said:
Chalk & Cheese Uckfield - 14

The Chalk & Children, home of under-age drinking in Uckfield for many years. Carrys on this tradition in its current form of the "Broadway", second worst "nightclub" in the country*.

My first pub was the Highlands in Uckfield. An old man of 17 with a carefully altered provisional driving license the key to success. I ended up working behind the bar there a few years later.

* Worst nightclub in the country is Bugatti's in Crowborough, obviously.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here