Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] First Premier League manager to be sacked ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Relegation would be problematic, I'm sure, but the insurance policy is well and truly in place - namely, a whole bunch of young, exciting prospects - be they already in the first team, or in the U23s, or in Poland, or be called Percy. I have absolutely no doubt that Potter will be around for a long time, whether we are in the Premier League of the Championship.

We also have a good stock of older players too. If we were to be relegated the likes of Lallana, Duffy, Veltman, Burn and, possibly, Dunk - given their ages - won't be obvious PL targets. I also suspect the injury history of Izzy, Andone (never mind his disciplinary record) and Welbeck (if rewarded another contract) won't mean they're going to be on many team's lists.

That blend of youth and experience will stand us in good stead for promotion, if we were to go down

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
curbishley?

was a good manager, who still had something to offer....... 10 years ago.

Nobody is going to give him a PL gig after so long out of the game.

Taken an extended break from the game but did a fantastic job at Charlton and a very good job at West Ham. It's no secret he'd love to get back in the game with his preferred destination being London and the EPL.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's my gut feel too, certainly amongst non-top 6 sides. Many managers have credit in the bank.

My guess would be OGS as Pochetino is still waiting in the wings isn't he?

The media seem to say that about Poch. Erratic results also at Real Madrid might mean Zidane is moved upstairs at some stage.

Hard for Woodward/Glazers to assess OGS as their £800m squad means that they inevitably get a load of wins, simply through the quality of internationals.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hughton's stash is such that he'd never have needed to jump at anything if he didn't want to.

Absolutely, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he would have been succesful in obtaining other jobs if he had applied for them.

He was believed to have applied for the Bristol City job . . . but didn't get that one. How many others l wonder?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Taken an extended break from the game but did a fantastic job at Charlton and a very good job at West Ham. It's no secret he'd love to get back in the game with his preferred destination being London and the EPL.

yes you're right. But I checked and he left West Ham (his last job) in 2008. Its not gonna happen as a first job back, whatever he wishes for.

12 years out and counting

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Absolutely, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he would have been succesful in obtaining other jobs if he had applied for them.

He was believed to have applied for the Bristol City job . . . but didn't get that one. How many others l wonder?

I can tell you now he didn't go for the Shoreham U15's job :rolleyes:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great fishing crodo!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

He was offered at least 7 jobs and turned them down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here