Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] First important debate of 2018 - roast potatoes...

Do you pre-bash your roasties?

• Peeled

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Unpeeled - skins on

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Either / doesn't matter

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
PEEL King Edwards. Par boil 10 minutes at a decent lick. Allow to cool. Heat a tray of either half and half vegetable oil and olive oil or goose fat on its own. Rough up cold PEELED spuds in colander. Take out hot fat. Tip in spuds. Season with a little sea salt and baste. 20 minutes. Turn. 15 minutes. Turn on to any un-golden part. 5 more minutes. Check & serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You, my friend, know how to cook a good roast potato. I do it exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Peel, parboil for 10 mins, drain and cool for a few mins. Put in a preheated oven tray with some real butter and olive oil. Shake gently. Run a fork over the spuds, leaving light rake marks. Sprinkle with a light coat of malt vinegar. Add a dusting of flour. In the oven for 40 mins. Take out of oven and cover in a clean tea towel. With a wooden spoon or spatula, lightly smack the spuds. This encourages the insides to go fluffy.

As a potato aside, when you take a baked potato out of the oven, cover it in a tea towel and with the flat palm of your hand give it a light , short, sharp slap. Fluffyness guaranteed.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First important debate of 2018
And you messed the poll up. Obviously peeled, that goes without saying. The poll should include options like bashed or fluffed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Vinegar is the game changer. And Jimminy Cricket! What a delicious game. And yes, always add flour.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am trying half olive and half vegetable oil (working well so far) and putting a bit of flour on them after they have cooled from par boiling. Also chucked a couple of garlic cloves just for shits and giggles (as I believe the youth say these days). I will also try giving them a slap with a wooden spoon when they come out.

But vinegar???? are you all mental?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
ver nice,
"Scruptious" exclaimed Mrs Badfish. The Badfry thought they were pretty good too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here