Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] fire stick

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Having just jumped on the IPTV bandwagon all i can say is wow. Compared to web streaming its so much better. And with 1 years subscriptions now circa £20 its a no brainer

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Having just jumped on the IPTV bandwagon all i can say is wow. Compared to web streaming its so much better. And with 1 years subscriptions now circa £20 its a no brainer

£20 is cheap!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I've been using IPTV [team Gwi anyone] for 3 years.
I have two 4k Fire sticks, both use mains plug-in power supply.
One runs off wired ethernet, the other 2.4GHz wi-fi

I do get buffering, whether I'm using VPN or not.
A broadband speed check tells me I'm getting 35+ MBS at the router
I'm aware most streaming [like iPLAYER] only needs about 2 MBS to run smoothly.

My conclusion is that breaks [small drop-outs] in the IPTV stream must be due to the service provider ...

But if someone has a tip, always have my ear cocked - PM me if you prefer
Hi SS - just make sure that your firestick has at least 1gb or more of memory to run ok and if you haven't, download DefSquid so that you can delete APK files and turn off apps that are running in the background and to clear cache to clear up memory space as the apps take up memory even if not used until forced stopped. Hope this helps.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
£20 is cheap. I usually find with IPTV you get what you pay for.

I found my supplier a few years ago, who have been great for me. I pay £100 for a year for two devices. Essentially, mine is two different sources, under the same supplier, that I can use in the same household at the same time, but because it is two different sources, it acts as a back up in the unlikely event that one goes down when I'm watching it.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
£20 is cheap. I usually find with IPTV you get what you pay for.

I found my supplier a few years ago, who have been great for me. I pay £100 for a year for two devices. Essentially, mine is two different sources, under the same supplier, that I can use in the same household at the same time, but because it is two different sources, it acts as a back up in the unlikely event that one goes down when I'm watching it.
Has all the sports movies and series. Have set up the same account on firestick , laptop (windows) and Iphone. But can only use 1 device at a time for that price. Multiple devices another £20 per year

I thought it was too good to be true but if you know what you are doing it's a great price. I signed up for a 48 hour free trial for the AEK game. Worked perfectly and was offering me a year's sub for £35. I hadn't had the time to do anything about it once the trial expired then they emailed a 90% discount so £20 for the year and i paid an extra £10 for an included vpn. The fact you can use this on IOS (smartplayerslite app) was the bonus.

Admittedly you need to know what your doing with firestick but its was a 5 minute job to set it up on each device

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Has all the sports movies and series. Have set up the same account on firestick , laptop (windows) and Iphone. But can only use 1 device at a time for that price. Multiple devices another £20 per year

I thought it was too good to be true but if you know what you are doing it's a great price. I signed up for a 48 hour free trial for the AEK game. Worked perfectly and was offering me a year's sub for £35. I hadn't had the time to do anything about it once the trial expired then they emailed a 90% discount so £20 for the year and i paid an extra £10 for an included vpn. The fact you can use this on IOS (smartplayerslite app) was the bonus.

Admittedly you need to know what your doing with firestick but its was a 5 minute job to set it up on each device

Absolutely agree with you. I wouldn't be with out it now.

I'm happy with my current supplier, even if it's more on the expensive side. They offer 24 hour support and run seasonal competitions for super 6 and FPL. Won the FPL last season and won 175 quid and came third on the Super 6 and the prize for that was a 12 month sub for one device, so my subs were paid for and then some for this season. They also do a referral scheme, but cannot be arsed with that.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yea mine cost £20 a few weeks ago and I have edited the .m3u file so I have the channels in the order I want.

The EPL channels work a charm along with Sky Sports, TNT and the PPV. Not so bothered about the rest of the channels.

Also got additional users for £1.25 so my son and a few friends can use it.

For £25 we really can't complain.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011

I hope the service is more reliable than their maths 😆

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Out of interest are you all paying for IPTV by debit or C Cards? Could be detrimental at some point if so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest are you all paying for IPTV by debit or C Cards? Could be detrimental at some point if so.
No, bollocks to that. I pay the bloke cash in hand, no WAY am I putting my bank details into one of these shonky streamig services.

But yes, it is absolutely brilliant. £60 a year (I'm into my third now). All the Albion away games, plus all the latest films and PPV. Jobs a goodun.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Out of curiosity, if one was interested in doing this, how might they go about it, PM would be very welcomed…

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Kodi and a real debrid subscription (about £3 a month). In my experience, you get more choice and a deeper back catalogue of tv and movies, especially if, like me, you love watching obscure 80s action movies.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Kodi and a real debrid subscription (about £3 a month). In my experience, you get more choice and a deeper back catalogue of tv and movies, especially if, like me, you love watching obscure 80s action movies.
I use kodi on my firestick all the time. Get the crew, daddy live, rising tides and another that I forget and you are sorted.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Is real debrid good for live tv?

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I use kodi on my firestick all the time. Get the crew, daddy live, rising tides and another that I forget and you are sorted.

Previously I used Kodi and all the different add ons but found things kept breaking, moving, getting shut down etc. Went to a paid IPTV and it was a lot easier and stress free.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Just done similar, a mate put me on to his supplier, paid £215 for a Formuler box with vpn add on and one years subscription included now can watch all ppv, 4k films plus latest releases with around 40 different stream suppliers for sport, watched every Albion game since except the Bournemouth game as was busy ! (3 defeats) thinking of binning it off as it must be bad luck !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here