Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire Drill

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't think we can talk with the amount that go home on the 85 minute because of the urban myth that is our transport system.
I think that's probably the reason it's been brought up, as Palace fans on here have joked about those that leave early so much in the past.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think we can talk with the amount that go home on the 85 minute because of the urban myth that is our transport system.

That's not the point though. The point is Doogle & her trolls have been spouting shit for years about our early leavers (granted its got better in recent times but is still too many - although you get that at big grounds & clubs like us & Arsenal through sheer volume of people)... Yet constantly CPFC2010 have had loads of early leavers - here they're only a goal down & Winefred even manged to stay on his feet & get a match-drawing cross away in that clip! That's why it's funny. Very funny! :thumbsup:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I really don't get those who head off at 40 mins to beat the queue for a pie and pint. Do you come to see the football or to eat a pie?

Same goes for the 85 minute leavers, why? If I REALLY need to be somewhere I might leave 30 seconds or 1 minute before the whistle just to get ahead of the rush at FT, but never would I leave at 85 minutes. Especially with the score at 1-2, anything can happen in that time.

Plastic fans.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I left on 80 minutes on Saturday as to get to Camden for a Four Tet show. I probably didn't need to. Sue me.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What?.. do you mean the mythological free trains only 100m from the north stand, or the mythological 3 free parking and ride routes only 100m from the south stand, or the mythological pay on the day car park just 250m from the north stand, or the book in advance car park just 50m from the east stand, or the 14 bus services heading out from the car park only 100m from the south stand, or the book in advance Uni parking just 300m from the east stand.......just wondering like.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So Palace fans aren't unique or special or better than everyone else after all. Well well.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Seriously, I've left early quite a few times, nobody has ever even so much as tutted. And if anyone did, I'd smack them in the boat.

Nice.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What?.. do you mean the mythological free trains only 100m from the north stand, or the mythological 3 free parking and ride routes only 100m from the south stand, or the mythological pay on the day car park just 250m from the north stand, or the book in advance car park just 50m from the east stand, or the 14 bus services heading out from the car park only 100m from the south stand, or the book in advance Uni parking just 300m from the east stand.......just wondering like.

I did miss the word poor from my post now I read it again, should have said urban myth that is our poor transport system

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I think he's referring to the 'urban myth' that our transport systems are terrible?

Whan they are actually no worse than most and better than many. So a lot of people are leaving early to avoid a problem that doesn't really exist

Planning helps. Sometimes i do need to leave early, for family reasons and when that is the case I'll make sure i book seats near an exit and at the north end of the ground. Leave on the whistle and we'll be on the first or second train away.

Anyway, the whole point was not that we don't have early leavers. it's that Crystal Palace do. Despite all the self regarding preening of their fans.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I really don't get those who head off at 40 mins to beat the queue for a pie and pint. Do you come to see the football or to eat a pie?

Same goes for the 85 minute leavers, why? If I REALLY need to be somewhere I might leave 30 seconds or 1 minute before the whistle just to get ahead of the rush at FT, but never would I leave at 85 minutes. Especially with the score at 1-2, anything can happen in that time.

Plastic fans.

How can you possibly quote "plastic fans", you have no understanding of why people come to football, what they enjoy about it or why they leave early. Equally, many people have no appreciation of what these "plastic fans" like myself, have done for the club prior to The Amex, in monetary, support and campaigning terms.

I will occassionally leave early at HT to grab a pint, it's a part of the match day experience I enjoy, my choice, and always leave early to get on the train as I don't like my young lads being in the post match squash on the platform (that's not a criticism of our fans, the police or the club, it's my choice as a parent). Staying until the rush subsides isn't an option due to family commitments in the evening. This doesn't make me a plastic fan or any less of a supporter, it just means I have slightly different priorities.

Why do people feel the need to eat or drink at football? Why do they prioritise this over the game .... they just do, and they are different to you, that's all.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
First couple of seasons at the Amex there were regular complaints about service at the refreshment outlets, particularly the delays. Presumably fans have now given up complaining and leave to purchase their victuals before half time to compensate for the poor service.

Perhaps if service was improved and fans were confident that they could make their purchases and consume them during the interval "Pie Time" on 40 minutes would become a distant memory!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I had never left a game early until the Amex and the P Bus. I was at the back of the WSU, and my choice was, (a) wait for the final whistle, take 15 mins to get to the coach park and then find that 9 times /10 I had missed the bus. Then walk to the train station and wait 45 mins for a train, or (b) leave 2 minutes before the end of injury time and get a place on the bus. It was a simple choice really.

It also taught me to be tolerant of those who want to leave early. It's their choice and I am not going to judge them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here