Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire Drill

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
You pays your money and you takes your choice. I can't imagine going to see The Mousetrap and leaving early. "Do you know what dear, I don't care whodunnit, I just want to get the 2A before all these peasants". So it is with close games IMO. However, if we're 3 down and playing shit I reserve the right to leave and go back to the pub. Pretty simple. Like our cousins from Croydon.

I've seen the Mousetrap and I wanted to leave early ...not a good example for me I gave up caring tbh!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Super duper Uber fans out in force again I see.

Seriously, I've left early quite a few times, nobody has ever even so much as tutted. And if anyone did, I'd smack them in the boat.

What I do is up to me, couldn't give a flying toss what anyone else thinks.

You seem to complain about a stance that others have taken. Then you say you couldn't give a toss about others opinions.

Perhaps those who comment the opposing view also don't give a toss?

Ironic isn't it.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Nothing wrong with leaving early if you want, but surely you must find some irony in palace leaving early after all the crap theyve dished out about our early leavers and their fantastic support

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't mind those leaving early if they have a long way to travel, but it's weird people leaving early to get a drink on the concourse ..
What's that about?

Alcoholism?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't mind those leaving early if they have a long way to travel, but it's weird people leaving early to get a drink on the concourse ..
What's that about?

Beat the queues? especially at half time when you can spend most of the break waiting to be served your beer, thus leaving you a few seconds to down it before the game starts again?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What's that about?
Freedom of choice on how to spend their leisure time ? ???

Live and let live, etc.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Super duper Uber fans out in force again I see.

Seriously, I've left early quite a few times, nobody has ever even so much as tutted. And if anyone did, I'd smack them in the boat.

What I do is up to me, couldn't give a flying toss what anyone else thinks.

Nothing to do with being 'Uber' fans as you put it.

People have mentioned finding it embarrassing that in tight games, the stadium half empties by the 85th minute when our team on the pitch is fighting until the end for the result that is supposed to mean so much to us all. That's not being an 'Uber' fan, just a fan.

Your reasoning is, 'you don't give a toss' which is admirable. Doesn't make it any less embarrassing for me though, perhaps you can do the rounds on the whole stadium smacking everyone in the 'boat' that feels similarly?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I think you stay or go when you want most of us have done it,i just think its funny that the best fans on earth do it plastic ****ers lol

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't understand this " I was embarrassed" business.

If people want to leave to queue up to get a train, then fine. I don't understand it, but each to their own!

Lots of people have missed fantastic finishes and last minute panics, but that is their loss. Who are we to criticise them? They pays their money, they takes their choice! If they want to stand in a queue for the train, then that is their choice!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't understand this " I was embarrassed" business.

If people want to leave to queue up to get a train, then fine. I don't understand it, but each to their own!

Lots of people have missed fantastic finishes and last minute panics, but that is their loss. Who are we to criticise them? They pays their money, they takes their choice! If they want to stand in a queue for the train, then that is their choice!

I'm embarrassed for the players on the pitch playing to empty seats while remaining motivated to get a late equaliser/winner or simply holding on to a result, then clapping those same empty seats, and more, afterwards. Whether people are concerned with missing moments like that is of no concern to me, can do what they want.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
What's that about?

Dont leave until the final whistle Day or evening game and we have 120 miles to go....( Unless of course Worthing is classed as a long way, a neighbour in ESU lives in Worthing religiously arrives 5 mins after KO and leave on 85 mins...regardless of whats happening......Strange bloke .....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm embarrassed for the players on the pitch playing to empty seats while remaining motivated to get a late equaliser/winner or simply holding on to a result, then clapping those same empty seats, and more, afterwards. Whether people are concerned with missing moments like that is of no concern to me, can do what they want.

So you feel embarrassed for people you know nothing about apart from the fact that they currently play football for a team you support?

Do you really think in the heat of battle, the players have a minute to look around the stadium and think...." Oh look, people are leaving, I will play a lot worse for the last 10 minutes" people are very precious about this!

So fecking what. It's their loss.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You pays your money and you takes your choice. I can't imagine going to see The Mousetrap and leaving early. "Do you know what dear, I don't care whodunnit, I just want to get the 2A before all these peasants". So it is with close games IMO. However, if we're 3 down and playing shit I reserve the right to leave and go back to the pub. Pretty simple. Like our cousins from Croydon.

This, all day long. I've left dozens of games early and don't feel the slightest bit bothered about it. It was a regular occurrence at Withdean for a variety of reasons. I don't tend to do it now as my kids are older, I don't get rained on so often but most importantly I'm right in the middle of a front row block and it's too much hassle for everyone around me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It is frightening how many people leave early and miss vital late goals, I would almost add why bother going if you are not going to watch the whole game

I was listening to something on the radio the other day about the 50th anniversary of our world cup victory and there was one person who emailed in who was there as a child of 10 or something, he went with his Dad. They missed the "they thinks its all over" moment as Dad made them leave on the 115th minute to beat the rush.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you feel embarrassed for people you know nothing about apart from the fact that they currently play football for a team you support?

Do you really think in the heat of battle, the players have a minute to look around the stadium and think...." Oh look, people are leaving, I will play a lot worse for the last 10 minutes"

Unless they are peripherally blind I would imagine it's hard for them not to notice. You appear to be making a case that support doesn't matter.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unless they are peripherally blind I would imagine it's hard for them not to notice. You appear to be making a case that support doesn't matter.

Not at all. I find it very strange that people are offended/ embarrassed on the behalf of someone else.

A very new century emotion.

But if you are genuinely upset, I will withdraw and let you carry on being outraged.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was listening to something on the radio the other day about the 50th anniversary of our world cup victory and there was one person who emailed in who was there as a child of 10 or something, he went with his Dad. They missed the "they thinks its all over" moment as Dad made them leave on the 115th minute to beat the rush.

I am sure I read that George Best left the Camp Nou early before MUFC scored those two late goals in the Champions League Final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here