Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fire destroys one remaining business blocking Spurs new stadium...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear, how fortunate.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Or the many burnings of Harvest Forestry. (used to be in the spot that is now the fakes train sticking out the bingo hall in Kemptown)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shame they didn't decide to build it in Croydon. They could have been in there years ago.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Doesnt it make a piece of land with no planning permission other than a football stadium a little worthless or at least worth less than originally when it housed a works/factory.

This thread is taking the piss. On what kind of alternative reality is it where you can get planning permission on someone elses land? As well as "forcing" them to sell(if its not council owned or required).

This thread is just one big conspiracy theory.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This thread is taking the piss. On what kind of alternative reality is it where you can get planning permission on someone elses land? As well as "forcing" them to sell(if its not council owned or required).

Err, North Stand Chat?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Its Daniel Levy though, he's well known for absolutely taking the proverbial when it comes to haggling.

I don't profess to know the ins and outs of what Archway Steel has been offered. But its a family business thats been there for half a century, surely they're within their rights not to be bullied off the site without adequate compensation. And who knows where they'd be able to relocate to, it could be miles out of the area. They've been enduring threats and vitriol from Spurs fans for years.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, being as they still own the land. Doesn't alter Spurs's position, they'll still have to stump up compensation for it, but it'll probably go on hold for even longer while the cause of the fire is investigated and Archway wrangle with the insurers.

'Tis a dilly of a pickle, to be sure.

Levys/Enic have offered above market value on all the buildings - they wanted 5 x the companies value, for once it wasn't levy being levy.

I really hope it's not a Spurs fan, but as you have seen yourself people do horrific things when the future of the club (no where near as bad as brighton) is at risk.

I don't think this will hold things up, the appeal against the cpo is in jan, and let's face it. No insurance company would ever pay out to build a new building on land that a cpo was issued on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Doesnt it make a piece of land with no planning permission other than a football stadium a little worthless or at least worth less than originally when it housed a works/factory.

I really hope levy doesn't low ball them now.

Just pay them what they offered and leave it at that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The Archway Chip Scuttle is attractively designed to ensure full convenience for the operator. This appliance consists of an overhead gantry with heat lights in addition to an element situated in the base. The element can be controlled separately to the lighting, allowing the operator to control the amount of heat required. Like Archways other products, the material used is of the finest quality stainless steel, ensuring durable and hygienic use.

This simple compact appliance can be used in all fried chicken shops as well as kebab restaurants in all spheres of the industry. The Chip Scuttle can be mounted on an existing counter top, or on an optional purpose built storage cupboard. Those requiring extra storage space in the their restaurants will find the storage cupboard ideal. This allows easy mobility for cleaning behind and beneath the appliance. This hygienic and simple to clean product includes a chip bag support and a curved drain plate. For extra cleaning convenience, the chip tank can be removed.

cs3-4.jpg
:moo:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
View attachment 60374

The archway doner kebab grill provides the simple, fast and economical way to cook doner kebab shawarma and giros kebab. It is simple operation makes archway kebab machines ideal for snack bars, fast food; take away, fish and chips restaurants. Archway kebab machines made by hand from the finest materials, it ensures a high capacity, at low operating cost. The archway kebab grills is attractively designed, safe and easy to keep clean it offers customers the highest quality in hygiene.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Levys/Enic have offered above market value on all the buildings - they wanted 5 x the companies value, for once it wasn't levy being levy.

On the assumption Archways actually owned the land ( not just the building and business on it ) then I don't see it as being unreasonable to ask for any amount they wanted. If a private company wanted to buy my house to build a stadium then they pay what I demand ( assuming I'm even prepared to sell ) or don't get my house. The idea that a property can be compulsory purchased to benefit a private company is immoral.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On the assumption Archways actually owned the land ( not just the building and business on it ) then I don't see it as being unreasonable to ask for any amount they wanted. If a private company wanted to buy my house to build a stadium then they pay what I demand ( assuming I'm even prepared to sell ) or don't get my house. The idea that a property can be compulsory purchased to benefit a private company is immoral.

You could argue them wanting to hold out for roughly 30 million to move to a new building (provided by the club) which is holding up a regeneration and the creation of new jobs in in of the worst areas in London is immoral.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I can apply for planning permission anywhere, and it could be granted. That doesn't give me the right to go and build anything as I don't own the land.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

The Local Authority would argue, and have done so, that it is in the public interest in terms of jobs and amenities that a new stadium is built - it is the LA that makes the compulsory purchase order and had to order the public enquiry, held in March.

I'm not convinced that money is the driving factor in this case because if the compulsory purchase order is enforced the compensation will be lower than the amount already offered for an agreed sale and there will not be any compensation for the costs the company has incurred in fighting the order.

It is interesting that the inspector who held the public enquiry had reservations about the legality of the order in his report, despite which Eric Pickles gave the go-ahead.

The report from a public inquiry led by planning inspector David Nicholson last March - handed to Mr Pickles but never published - argues the local community won’t benefit enough from Spurs’ £450million redevelopment of the site to justify forcing family business Archway Sheet Metal Works off its land.

Doing so could breach their human rights, he says, and the greatest social and economimc benefits for locals will not be delivered by Spurs but by the taxpayer, significantly weakening the “public interest” argument for kicking out the family firm.

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/n...spurs_stadium_looks_set_to_continue_1_3686242

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Not an alternate reality - this one.

You can apply for planning permission for pretty much anything anywhere. You don't have to own the land or the building in question to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here