Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Finest of society on EDF park and ride bus

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not just in the UK. On a very long train journey in France back in April, this young French woman who boarded at the first station, for 4 hours hogged 4 seats. Out of shot old people stood all that time. Her tactic …. never make eye contact with anyone.

View attachment 166927
If you told her you were German she would have surrendered her territory without so much as a whimper…

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not just in the UK. On a very long train journey in France back in April, this young French woman who boarded at the first station, for 4 hours hogged 4 seats. Out of shot old people stood all that time. Her tactic …. never make eye contact with anyone.

View attachment 166927
And you didn’t have a word on the old couples behalf?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It really isn't 1 or 2 in 10. Give your head a wobble. Absolutely is nearer 2%. And you get dickheads all around the world
Nah, it’s fast approaching 50:50 I’d say.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well my experience of general folk is nowhere near 1 or 2 in 10 let alone half the people I meet, and I get out and about a lot and here there and everywhere through work, but if you say so 🤦‍♂️
I don’t say so, it was a National Office of Statistics survey.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just in case the man and presumably his grown up son on the park and ride bus back to EDF this evening are readers of NSC - you two are absolute pricks.

You stood in front of the last two available flip up seats on the bus while I was having an episode of Afib (irregular and massively high heart rate / which could lead to a stroke) and when I asked you nicely if I could sit down as I have a heart condition you said no and wouldn't move - and then continued by telling me you had a bad knee (how is that f@&king relevant) and then you told me "standing up is good for heart conditions".

I sincerely hope you don't meet and need help from people like yourselves in the future.

Next time you are faced with a similar situation do the right thing.
Goodness. Hope you are OK. In case they are reading this and don’t understand; this is what did give me a stroke, caused my epilepsy and put me in a 3 week coma and near death. Look after yourself. I hope the doctors get your medication sorted.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

View attachment 166927
Should have used the experience of a seasoned commuter in this situation. Pick up the bags and case and move them to the luggage rack or into the aisle, saying "let me help you move these for you"

Alternatively if just one bag, just left it up and place on the woman's lap saying "is this yours?"

And then just sit down in the newly available seating.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I tried to give up my seat on the train for a young (20's) girl and she called me a misogynist! Was just being polite. Thats the way the world is going folks. :facepalm:
These days, if you offer your seat to a girl in her 20s, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Should have used the experience of a seasoned commuter in this situation. Pick up the bags and case and move them to the luggage rack or into the aisle, saying "let me help you move these for you"

Alternatively if just one bag, just left it up and place on the woman's lap saying "is this yours?"

And then just sit down in the newly available seating.
As long as you would do the same if it was a man

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I tried to give up my seat on the train for a young (20's) girl and she called me a misogynist! Was just being polite. Thats the way the world is going folks. :facepalm:
A work colleague and I both noticed a pregnant women standing on a packed tube. We stood up together to offer a seat "I'm not that big" she said.

With a smile thankfully!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
To be fair what mrs w said is the the sort of thing mrs Hangleton would of said
Jesus, they really are all the same then. Would it have been followed by "yes I know they are out of order, but if you confront them I'll feel really awkward for the rest of the journey". Drives me mad, so I rarely listen.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunately in life there are Aholes everywhere. 4 years ago Two couples wouldn’t give up their train seats whilst my 90 year old mum stood in a crowded train right next to them. Try not to let it get you down and I hope you are now feeling better.
In 36 years, I’m still astounded at the occasional ‘standing room only’ funerals the amount of mature people of clearly pensionable age stood at the back with a large number of young, fit people seated.

It’s probably one of the aspects of good manners that has almost been erased from everyday behaviour.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A work colleague and I both noticed a pregnant women standing on a packed tube. We stood up together to offer a seat "I'm not that big" she said.

With a smile thankfully!
I saw a large lady at the bus stop today, I asked her “when is it due?”
She replied “I’m not pregnant you rude prick”
I said “I meant the bus you fat cow” :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jesus, they really are all the same then. Would it have been followed by "yes I know they are out of order, but if you confront them I'll feel really awkward for the rest of the journey". Drives me mad, so I rarely listen.
They’re not all the same. When I was coming back from London in May, all the trains stopped due to trespassers on the line. Two hours later, the trains got moving but were very crowded, as expected.
I asked a bloke to move his laptop bag so I could sit down, which shamefacedly he did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always give up my seat to either someone who is struggling to stand or a female.
This was OK until I stood up for an old lady who pointed out I was older than her and to remain seated. Ruined my week.
Similarly I got onto a crowded tube carriage a few months ago and a man offered me his seat. I mean, I am a bit old, but....

(Interestingly, for all the islamopbenobs out there, the bloke was in full beard and robe togs. Some of them appear to be human. Who knew? ???)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here