Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finally some positive injury news....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You EVEN support Ince, when he's giving his all for our club?

That's big of you.

Because unfortunately his all in most circumstances is about Div 1 standard. People keep using the excuse he is young but by 23 most players have shown their true ability they just need expereince, he hasnt shown thatl except on very odd occassions?

I must add this is only my opinion for which you may agree or disagree but it doesnt make either of us right ot wrong.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because unfortunately his all in most circumstances is about Div 1 standard. People keep using the excuse he is young but by 23 most players have shown their true ability they just need expereince, he hasnt shown thatl except on very odd occassions.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion on his ability BG (I don't agree, FWIW - I think he has the potential to be a very good player, but that potential will only be realised with more regular playing time).

It was your comment that you'll 'EVEN' support him, that raised eyebrows. Are you suggesting that only good players are worthy of your support?

I've cheered on HUNDREDS of worse Albion players than Rohan Ince, and would always do so, for ANY player, regardless of level of ability, as long as they are trying.

So basically, all of them, bar the odd bad apple - Agustien, Best, etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No it was just to emphasise that I support any player in the stripes whether I rate them or not. I have seen some dross in the stripes, the majority who played at Gillingham, due to circumstances, take some beating but there were many at The Goldstone and Withdean who would compete for the title of worst ever. Ince hasnt dropped to that level but I wish he would show me what he has that make people rave over him.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Surely this must be untrue - please give dates / seasons when this happened.
3 in 4 means playing a match on consecutive days - can't see any league ever being scheduled with that.

I'll call you out on this one - if you can't provide the seasons / opposition / results when this happened, you will forever be labelled a lying bull$hitter - if you are correct, I will apologise.

3 games in 4 days - I say it never happened .... please prove me wrong.

1973/74
April 12th Southend away
April 13th Chesterfield away
Aprin 15th Southend Home
I was at all of them, it was regular then to play 3 games over Easter

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1973/74
April 12th Southend away
April 13th Chesterfield away
Aprin 15th Southend Home
I was at all of them, it was regular then to play 3 games over Easter

Easter it was usual for 3 games I think I may have gone to those. Chesterfield away rings a bell with The Clifton in which case if you was on it I possibly know you. I think Christmas Day fixtures stopped either late 50s or early 60s

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Naylor has tweeted that he spoke to Bong, and his rehab is going very well and hopes to be back in January
Good news

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naylor has tweeted that he spoke to Bong, and his rehab is going very well and hopes to be back in January
Good news
Assuming some clumsy oaf doesn't crash into him at a random train station.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because unfortunately his all in most circumstances is about Div 1 standard. People keep using the excuse he is young but by 23 most players have shown their true ability they just need expereince, he hasnt shown thatl except on very odd occassions?

I must add this is only my opinion for which you may agree or disagree but it doesnt make either of us right ot wrong.

Except that you are wrong. Before this season, Ince had been a regular starter for us and a very effective DM with a few MOMs to his name. The fact that he's not as good as Kayal or Stephens doesn't make him a League 1 player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Except that you are wrong. Before this season, Ince had been a regular starter for us and a very effective DM with a few MOMs to his name. The fact that he's not as good as Kayal or Stephens doesn't make him a League 1 player.

I wasnt impressed with the majority of his performances last season despite him being given MOM a couple of times.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Rohan Ince hasnt shown [his true ability] except on very odd occassions? .

he's played 60 odd games for the Albion. Saturday's pass was a stinker but then who doesn't make clumsy errors from time to time.. But in 2013/14 and last season he's been consistently terrific and fully proved he can cope at a Championship level. He's not first choice at the moment but then Kayal, Stephens are probably £3-4m+ rated midfielders and in the form of their lives.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
he's played 60 odd games for the Albion. Saturday's pass was a stinker but then who doesn't make clumsy errors from time to time.. But in 2013/14 and last season he's been consistently terrific and fully proved he can cope at a Championship level. He's not first choice at the moment but then Kayal, Stephens are probably £3-4m+ rated midfielders and in the form of their lives.

Lets wait and see in 12/18 months time to see where he is playing shall we.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Credit to CH true to his word he brought Crofts on and he didnt do anything wrong but must admit I didnt hear his name mentioned on the TV during the commentary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here