Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finally some positive injury news....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is good news for him that he may have overcome his injury but no reason for us to rejoice at another available player because since his first injury he hasnt looked to be good enough now. But then again neither has Ince.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Showing your ignorance. Didn't have a great game in his first full game back against Preston but he and Ince had hardly played together before. In the other game he started in a three with Kayal and Stephens, he played well and he's done well off the bench too. No idea why you feel the need to slag him off. As for Ince, he made a mistake on Saturday but has done okay off the bench in a number of other games helping secure us points. It is sad that some posters on here feel the need to slag off our players when we're doing so well.

I am trying hard to remember when in the last 12 months he has had a good game, I cant off the top of my head remember 1.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is good news for him that he may have overcome his injury but no reason for us to rejoice at another available player because since his first injury he hasnt looked to be good enough now. But then again neither has Ince.

I give up. You have no idea. If you can't see how having Crofts available is good news, there is no point in speaking to you.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am trying hard to remember when in the last 12 months he has had a good game, I cant off the top of my head remember 1.

He was out for most of last season so not many games to go on but had a really good game at Reading, alongside Kayal and Stephens. This was an option Hughton said he would have gone for at Burnley if Crofts hadn't been injured but I'm sure you know better than Hughton. He's also done well off the bench a few times.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Where and when would he be the obvious option? In what circumstances?

When Kayal or Stephens have been booked and there is 20 mins left to stop one of them getting a red.

When we are under the cosh and leading by one goal and we want to take a front man off.

When we need someone in front of Bruno to give him a bit more support - something you were going on about for ages when Rosenior was playing full-back.

Crafts is more versatile than any of our other central midfielders, he has more experience too.

It isn't just Crofts anyway, Baldock and Kaz back in training is good news surely?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit not going to Reading but didnt read any glowing reports of him and when he has come on at The Amex just made up the numbers I would sooner include JFC or Holla at the moment as I believe that both could do the same job but better.

Baldock and KLL coming back soon is good news definitely.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I must admit not going to Reading but didnt read any glowing reports of him and when he has come on at The Amex just made up the numbers I would sooner include JFC or Holla at the moment.

As I said, you clearly know more than Chris Hughton (who sees him in training and would have played him again at Burnley if it wasn't for his injury) so maybe you should be manager instead.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Crofts is a good player. He's very effective off the ball. Having him hurry the opposition with his style of play is always a great option for CH . If it had been Crofts instead of Ince coming on Saturday, I doubt the outcome would have been the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said, you clearly know more than Chris Hughton (who sees him in training and would have played him again at Burnley if it wasn't for his injury) so maybe you should be manager instead.

That has got nothing whatsoever to do with fans having an opinion. Like many fans I see things that appear obvious and 3 weeks later the manager who ever it is does that. It doesnt make me or any fan better than him just that I and they have a different view rightly or wrong. If you wish to suck up to his every word as being beyond question by all means do so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Walk away Finchley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crofts is a good player. He's very effective off the ball. Having him hurry the opposition with his style of play is always a great option for CH . If it had been Crofts instead of Ince coming on Saturday, I doubt the outcome would have been the same.

I wouldnt argue with your last part and would go as far as to say virtually any of our midfielders would have done better

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really am going to give up now but as a final point it is one thing to not rate a player and another thing to dismiss his return from injury as it not being good news. It shows a vindictive side.

My god ! I am not dismissing it from his part but see no reason for supporters to go in to raptures over his return. Perhaps he may prove me wrong, lets wait and see. My view is that we should send him out on loan in January or sell him if he can command a reasonable fee, having brought in better replacements.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Great to have crofty back, let's hope he can build on his fitness and get back to his best.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I wouldnt argue with your last part and would go as far as to say virtually any of our midfielders would have done better

Yes but you can't argue that Crofts has a lot more in his locker than most of the other midfielders in the Albion squad. He's capable of scoring from in and outside the box, he's got bite when he tackles, he's very end to end, has good leadership qualities, not very error prone, great stamina etc.

Having players like Crofts on the bench makes our squad look like promotion potential.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Showing your ignorance. Didn't have a great game in his first full game back against Preston but he and Ince had hardly played together before. In the other game he started in a three with Kayal and Stephens, he played well and he's done well off the bench too. No idea why you feel the need to slag him off. As for Ince, he made a mistake on Saturday but has done okay off the bench in a number of other games helping secure us points. It is sad that some posters on here feel the need to slag off our players when we're doing so well.

ince let himself down very badly against derby.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like Crofts. He's a very experienced player in the Championship, & skippered Norwich to promotion when he left us. You don't suddenly lose your skill & talent although sharpness may take a game or two after an injury lay off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here