[Albion] Final round of televised games: Albion v Derby moved to Mon. 2nd May @ 2:30pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
Great, last home game of the season, highly anticipated game, and there are fans who now can't go. I've never said this before (I don't think) but Modern Football is Shit.
been saying it for ages and some of the jokers on here have the cheek to slate me for it:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to National Raill Enquiries there are no trains east of Brighton on that day (either Brighton to Falmer or Falmer to Seaford/Eastbourne)
:eek:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it is unfair that penultimate games are not played on the same day as final games. They are just as likely to have a bearing on the end of the season and it seems unfair that one team can either play their match without having to worry about other games or as someone else has said have extra days rest ahead of the final fixture.

Not sure in this instance whether we gain or lose though, I guess it depends on the position at the time.

There's no way the players could play the penultimate games on the same day as the final games. They'd be knackered.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really, sounds like you dont like the truth either , you keep taking the SKY medicine, let me know if it works for you
regards
DR
I thought you'd be intelligent enough to realise that I am in agreement with your stance on sky. I do not, and have never subscribed to sky sports. I detest them and hate what they have done to football in this country.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
According to Network/National Rail there aren't any planned works that day between Brighton and Lewes/Eastbourne, details have been uploaded for works after this date so I can only assume the timetable hasn't been uploaded due it it probably being a Saturday service or it now being amended because of the match.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks SKY i now have QPR as the only remaining game i can get to.

On the positive side if we were not near the top of the table we wouldn't be on tv.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There's no way the players could play the penultimate games on the same day as the final games. They'd be knackered.

If we're going down that route, why don't we just play 23 home games back to back and allow clubs rolling subs. A team over two days will play 34 ½ consecutive hours of football. Over the same period, all the other teams only play one game (ie the away game against us). They then each take their turn to play the 23 home games.

Will call for very large squads and very dedicated fans!!!

Season would be over in about 50 days given everyone more time to enjoy other things.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
According to Network/National Rail there aren't any planned works that day between Brighton and Lewes/Eastbourne, details have been uploaded for works after this date so I can only assume the timetable hasn't been uploaded due it it probably being a Saturday service or it now being amended because of the match.
Why have they uploaded the timetable for the 2nd bank holiday in May, and not for the 1st one?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If we're going down that route, why don't we just play 23 home games back to back and allow clubs rolling subs. A team over two days will play 34 ½ consecutive hours of football. Over the same period, all the other teams only play one game (ie the away game against us). They then each take their turn to play the 23 home games.

Will call for very large squads and very dedicated fans!!!

Season would be over in about 50 days given everyone more time to enjoy other things.

They'd run out of pies and Harveys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports