Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films you LOVE everyone else seems to hate

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Oh, I know... I love Under seige. A truly dreadful, enjoyable romp. It’s compelling. Simple plot. Bold memorable characters. Tits and Steven segal dancing.what’s not to like?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Oh, I know... I love Under seige. A truly dreadful, enjoyable romp. It’s compelling. Simple plot. Bold memorable characters. Tits and Steven segal dancing.what’s not to like?

Cant join you in liking that one Im afraid! Although I do love No Country for Old men.

Films I hate that everyone seems to love.
In Bruges
Magnolia.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I love Shyamalan's Signs and The Village - everyone seems to find them a bit naff but I won't hear a word against them. Both in my top 10 and I don't care what you think of me!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The remake of War of The Worlds. I thought it was great but it didn't get great reviews from the critics.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it's hard to think of films that everyone else hates. It seems partly cyclical, partly societal - who you hang around with and their likes and dislikes. Seeing some of the films listed it seems odd to think of them as films that are largely unpopular.

Even some of the films that immediately spring to my mind, are ones that have at some point received a bit of love - Grease 2, Hudson Hawk, Howard the Duck. Three films that were not held in particularly high regard, but in recent years, Mark Kermode has noted a fondness for them and received feedback from listeners who also enjoy them.

I seem to have a thing for musical sequels, musicals in general, really, - Burlesque, phantom of the opera, Blues Brothers 2000, Sister Act 2 (though that was recently included in the wittertainment shortlist of worst films on tv that week, and most people responded saying it shouldn't be in the list). Superhero movies - Batman and Robin (love a bad ice pun, me), spawn, phantom.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I love Shyamalan's Signs and The Village - everyone seems to find them a bit naff but I won't hear a word against them. Both in my top 10 and I don't care what you think of me!

I loved the Village too, and thought signs was decent. I have never understood the negativity towards Shyamalan's work. I rate it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not an easy topic. I absolutely love Coen Brothers films in general and Big Lebowski in particular, Some of my friends and family also do. Others don't get it. They divide the crowd and that's the best thing about them.

I suppose my best example would be SWAT starring Samuel L Jackson. I love it but I know a lot of people that consider it cheesy as anything.

Generally anything by Disney or Spielburg is shit though*

*only kidding. I meant Ron Howard.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Funnily enough, I've just watched Birdman, best picture Oscar 2015.

Technically impressive, but otherwise rubbish. I mean, I know what they were trying to do, but for me, they failed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spice world

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A film I hate everyone seems to love is Lost in Translation. Just annoyed me. Great film if you like looking at Bill Murray's face.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
A film I hate everyone seems to love is Lost in Translation. Just annoyed me. Great film if you like looking at Bill Murray's face.

Another in my top 10. Beautiful, funny, thoughtful film. Amazing how people have such different tastes although I can see why people would take against this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here