Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films you LOVE everyone else seems to hate

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I know that and that was it's downfall. I have not spoken to a single person in the last 2 years that does not loath it

I watched LaLa land on the tele fairly recently and thoroughly enjoyed it..... and I didn’t think it would’ve my kind of film. I expected it to be more like Mamma Mia, which conversely is a film that everyone seems to love and I thought was the biggest load of old tat I had seen for a long time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can we do this the other way round? - films you HATE but everybody else seems to love.

I dislike films in general - hate going to the cinema.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I watched LaLa land on the tele fairly recently and thoroughly enjoyed it..... and I didn’t think it would’ve my kind of film. I expected it to be more like Mamma Mia, which conversely is a film that everyone seems to love and I thought was the biggest load of old tat I had seen for a long time.

I like Mamma Mia but then I am a big ABBA fan. Mamma Mia here we go again was one of those rare films that was actually better than the first one

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can we do this the other way round? - films you HATE but everybody else seems to love.

I dislike films in general - hate going to the cinema.

Feel free decent topic

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
You dont mess with the Zohan.
Im not a particularly big Adam Sandler fan but there was something about this that just tickled me.

The Fisher King.
Its not that people hate it but I think they just dont get it.

Sorry, I read title and thought immediately of Fisher king. I love it and have lent it to many many people who have all said its poo.

So two of us love it and that messes the thread up.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Oh well, here goes.......

I love The Sound of Music:blush:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Four Rooms
Quantum of Solace
Who’s That Girl

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Uncle S, can i ask whether you have seen, and like, the film Sorcerer? The 70s, William Friedkin one. I only watched it for the first time this morning, probably partly snubbing it for it being a remake of the classic Wages of Fear. Tis a beauty in its own right though, i thought, with the excellent Roy Scheider.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Eagle vs Shark.

I loved this film. Not so much hated by others but nobody seems to have watched it. I'd also add Sightseers. I nearly turned it off after 15 mins, persevered and absolutely loved it. (also loved No Country for Old Men and Napoleon Dynamite)

Last edited:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Taken and Taken 2 - corny, but classic good beats baddies escapism..

Indeed, even the DREADFUL line in either 1 or 2: “I’ve been taken” can’t detract. I love much maligned Taken 3 as well, arguably even better than the first two, a sort of Jack Reacher action flick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here