Saint Maud
Lucky Number Slevin
There's some good ones on there. Of those, I can also recommend:
Dogville, Pan's Labyrinth and No Country for Old Men

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lolol:

I like going against the herd. When Kermode and parts of nsc tell the world that Liam Neeson sold out, I don’t give a xxxx.

No I don't care either, if you like something then that's all that matters. I struggle to listen to Kermode simply because he keeps saying 'fare' (if you watch him, you'd know what I mean).

PS - I stole the line from Deadpool

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Marvellous the Neil 'Nello' Baldwin biopic. It really is Marvellous.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I don't care either, if you like something then that's all that matters. I struggle to listen to Kermode simply because he keeps saying 'fare' (if you watch him, you'd know what I mean).

PS - I stole the line from Deadpool

I listen to his positive reviews, then make my own mind up when he ‘has it in’ for an actor (they went commercial) or movie.

Punters including myself often just like 2 hours escapism, even if it is yet another attack on The White House or Airforce One :lolol: .

Two other films I’m adding:

Olympus Has Fallen
The Phantom of the Opera

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Punters including myself often just like 2 hours escapism, even if it is yet another attack on The White House or Airforce One :lolol:

Yep, same - although preferably a decent and slightly believable attack. Like Salt for example (poor reviews, but I liked it).

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never listen to anyone else’s opinion on any film,
Utter nonsense. Whatever you’re into you’ll eventually find a reviewer/reporter who’s broadly in tune with what you like who will also be a good source of new material

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Fish Story (2009) - A comet approaches earth, threatening to end civilization when it impacts. On the streets of Japan, a single music store remains open, its proprietor insisting to his customers that the world is not coming to an end. He plays a forgotten song recorded by an obscure band 37 years ago, and insists that somehow, this song will save the world

In Darkness (2011) - the true story of Leopold Socha who hides Jewish refugees in the sewers of the German-occupied town of Lvov

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Never listen to anyone else’s opinion on any film, it is so, so subjective, and you’ll more than likely end up sitting through more absolute gash than decent stuff, plus we often remember favourite films with an element of nostalgia and fondness that often equates to less than the sum of its parts in the cold light of day.

As you were.

:falmer:
Absolutely. If you need assistance from what other people think you have little confidence in your own analytical skills.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve only just realised that I have a thing for war films! These are ones that I watched more than once:

Fury - (about US tank crew fighting in Europe towards end of 2nd world War with Brad Pitt)

Dunkirk - (Christopher Nolan about 2nd world war mass evacuation of allied troops)

1917 - (1st world war Sam mendes oscar winner).

All quiet on the western front - (2022 remake on netflix - 1st world war told from German perspective).

Zero Dark Thirty - film about the hunt for osama bin laden

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here