Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Film Crew Permissions?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Take the £150.

"Invest" it in a 2-1 albion win, Mac Allister last goal scorer bet for the weekend.

Enjoy the £15K + winnings.

:shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloody NIMBYs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyway, the problem isn't the filming, it'll be afterwards when hoards of tourists descend on your road going "Oooh, isn't that where they filmed Salma Hayek naked on horse back, riding down the middle of the street".

and you only have to pay £150 for the privilege to watch all 53 takes live.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Go on [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] Tell us what the film/show is called?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
One thing I would say about film crews, and it's something I try hard to avoid, is that they do tend to swan around like they own the f**king place, and are better than everyone else...

They do.

I have a crew in at the moment shooting. They park their vans/lorries/cars/food truck down our back drive. Yesterday, one of the cameramen scrubbed up pretty much an entire bed that I'd just planted. He was very dismissive when I was less than amused. So I locked the gate to the back drive, turned my mobile off, and went to the pub, returning at 10:30. The Director was apologetic (as well as pissed off) and has agreed to pay for the bed to be planted again.

It's quite fun though, seeing the process. Got another swimsuit photo shoot in a couple of weeks - that might be fun for other reasons.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Perhaps the OP's issue with all this isn't the mild inconvenience or the amount of compensation. Rather, it is the way it was done and presented to residents as a fait accompli.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nor would seeing you in you starkers.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

No need for that :)

reply.PNG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A film crew are due to film in our road shortly. I'm not sure of the full details yet, but they claim to have gained permission from the council to close the road off during filming, restrict our access, request us not to park any cars on the drive that are post era of filming. Also, can we remove wheelie bins from our drive as these were not a thing during the period the film is set in. £150 per house to compensate us for any inconvenience.

I'm tempted to tell them where to stick their £150... oooh I'm supposed to be star struck by Netflix and some actor I've never even heard of bollox.

An Englishman's house is his castle and all that. Know what I mean, like.

What say you?

What is the duration of the filming? If this inconvenience is just for a day, then the offer seems polite and generous, and you should just go along with it and enjoy the diversion.

Any more than a couple of days, then it would seem a bit of a liberty.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
It would be quite funny to have a 'period drama / show' filmed in your street, with the director asking everyone else to move their cars but says yours is fine, and if you want to potter around in the front garden with exactly what you're wearing that would be fine too...:lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Filming for a week it appears. No idea what it's for. Yet to speak to the filming bod about it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stop being miserable, take the 150 quid and enjoy yourself. It really isn't that big of a deal.

You're spot on, it really isn't. Normally I'd take it as a bonus and move on.

However, after the year or so I've just had, and no sign of the shit ending anytime soon, media luvvies waltzing in to where I live (one of the poorest wards in one of the poorest towns in the country) dictating terms and thinking everyone will just roll over all star struck at the mention of Netflix, some actor I've never fecking heard of and a 150 quid for the privilege, could turn out to be the straw that breaks this camels back.

We will be filming in your street and this is what we and you are going to do, doesn't go down quite as well as running the idea of filming by us and how do we feel about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here