Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Film Crew Permissions?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A film crew are due to film in our road shortly. I'm not sure of the full details yet, but they claim to have gained permission from the council to close the road off during filming, restrict our access, request us not to park any cars on the drive that are post era of filming. Also, can we remove wheelie bins from our drive as these were not a thing during the period the film is set in. £150 per house to compensate us for any inconvenience.

I'm tempted to tell them where to stick their £150... oooh I'm supposed to be star struck by Netflix and some actor I've never even heard of bollox.

An Englishman's house is his castle and all that. Know what I mean, like.

What say you?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Take the £150 but insist you must have a speaking role in the production. Job done.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'll have the £150 please, and an extra £300 per vehicle for the period props on MY driveway.

I'll even wear a tie and tank top whilst pruning the roses for a few quid extra.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Take the money and enjoy the experience I say. Not a big deal and moving wheelie bins from the drive is a good thing; they’re ugly and lower the tone.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think there's a road in Lewes that had this a few years ago. If I remember rightly the majority of residents combined the money and spent it doing up the street in all the ways councils don't or don't have responsibility for, and having a street party for the kids, which is now an annual thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A film crew are due to film in our road shortly. I'm not sure of the full details yet, but they claim to have gained permission from the council to close the road off during filming, restrict our access, request us not to park any cars on the drive that are post era of filming. Also, can we remove wheelie bins from our drive as these were not a thing during the period the film is set in. £150 per house to compensate us for any inconvenience.

I'm tempted to tell them where to stick their £150... oooh I'm supposed to be star struck by Netflix and some actor I've never even heard of bollox.

What say you?

If it's Netflix, just tell them 'Call My Agent'. Job done :thumbsup:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

What say you?

Might as well take the £150 and if you don`t want it give it to a local charity. Sounds like you are not interested at all ... Perhaps use the £150 to go away for the day !!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

What say you?

£150 quid just for keeping your bins and potentially your car out of sight for a day? Sounds like a complete no-brainer to me. Plus if too many people choose not to cooperate then the production company may decide to go elsewhere and there may be families with an unexpected bill or who've just paid out for back-to-school uniforms for whom that £150 might make a real difference.

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

What say you?

Do you watch TV? If so these things have to be shot somewhere. Take the £150. It's more than I'd pay you!! x

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Take the money and enjoy the experience I say. Not a big deal and moving wheelie bins from the drive is a good thing; they’re ugly and lower the tone.

Do you have one of those toilet roll holder disguisers too- my granny used to have one it was like a Christmas tree fairy you stuck over the loo roll so that nobody knew you ever needed to poo!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
One thing I would say about film crews, and it's something I try hard to avoid, is that they do tend to swan around like they own the f**king place, and are better than everyone else...

Give a media **** a walkie talkie and a padded gillet and you have created a monster!

D

Deleted member 2719

You really are a Tory.

I bet you own your own house and invest in the stock market too???

Back on topic......I think he should let them in, offer them use of his toilet/shower facilities, making sure to set your GoPro up and wait for a box office smash and then cash in.

It might just be a worthwhile investment.

Opportunity knocks?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
£150 quid just for keeping your bins and potentially your car out of sight for a day? Sounds like a complete no-brainer to me. Plus if too many people choose not to cooperate then the production company may decide to go elsewhere and there may be families with an unexpected bill or who've just paid out for back-to-school uniforms for whom that £150 might make a real difference.

Is it just for one day? The OP didn’t say how long he was to be inconvenienced.
It may be a week or so if the weather conditions aren’t right.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, if they need a body-double for bald middle-aged man I’m free.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I say take the money and enjoy the mild thrill of seeing your house on TV.

You could also ask for a role as an extra? Or just stand starkers in front of your window and hope they don't spot it in post production. You'd be famous for eternity...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

What say you?

Ah, you're a Location Manager's nightmare! I think £150 is pretty good, and the production company will probably have paid the council a sum of money as well. (Permits, licences, etc). However if you've got concerns most councils have the equivalent of a Film Officer (even if it's just the Press Officer), so you could contact them to find out more details.

Anyway, the problem isn't the filming, it'll be afterwards when hoards of tourists descend on your road going "Oooh, isn't that where they filmed such-and-such?" :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I say take the money and enjoy the mild thrill of seeing your house on TV.

You could also ask for a role as an extra? Or just stand starkers in front of your window and hope they don't spot it in post production. You'd be famous for eternity...

But what if they are filming for Mrs Brown's Boys?

If i had to watch that to see my house on TV I would want a lot more £££s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here