Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2022

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Saw the new Avatar yesterday and my goodness, what a DULL film! Really overlong, a nothing story, and found myself looking at my watch at exactly half way through hoping it was nearly over. There's due to be another two films in this franchise, but maybe that assumes this one breaks even. It apparently needs to make $2B to do so. That's going to be a tough ask. I think they've done the main filming for the other two - although I did get the feeling that most of what I was watching was pure CGI, so filming of real things is likely to be a small element.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saw the new Avatar yesterday and my goodness, what a DULL film! Really overlong, a nothing story, and found myself looking at my watch at exactly half way through hoping it was nearly over. There's due to be another two films in this franchise, but maybe that assumes this one breaks even. It apparently needs to make $2B to do so. That's going to be a tough ask. I think they've done the main filming for the other two - although I did get the feeling that most of what I was watching was pure CGI, so filming of real things is likely to be a small element.

It was absolute nonsense.

Few people asleep in the screening I was in, sums it up

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brian And Charles;

Brian is a lonely inventor in rural Wales who spends his days building quirky, unconventional contraptions that seldom work. Undeterred by his lack of success, he soon attempts his biggest project yet. Using a washing machine and various spare parts, he invents Charles, an artificial intelligence robot that learns English from a dictionary and has an obsession with cabbages.

Was quite sweet. Bit of a poor ending but rather enjoyable.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brian And Charles;

Brian is a lonely inventor in rural Wales who spends his days building quirky, unconventional contraptions that seldom work. Undeterred by his lack of success, he soon attempts his biggest project yet. Using a washing machine and various spare parts, he invents Charles, an artificial intelligence robot that learns English from a dictionary and has an obsession with cabbages.

Was quite sweet. Bit of a poor ending but rather enjoyable.
Totally agree. There's a short they did a few years ago which takes a similar path to the film that's worth searching out. Thought the film a bit of an unexpected gem.

Saw (via Netflix) the new Knives Out film - Glass Onion. Good fun, enjoyable storyline, actors seemed to be enjoying themselves too.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has already taken $ 1 000 000 000 in under 2 weeks so will smash $ 2 m, probably get close to $ 3 m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here