Film 2008

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Saw The Terminal last night. Really liked it. Was in the mood for a gentle film and this hit the spot.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Alien Versus Predator 2 :Requiem

I quite liked the first one, in a mindless, entertaining way. This however is a massive pile of shit. The fact that the only thing this director appears to have done before the film is Nickelback video tells you how utterly irredeemable this film.

1.0 (and that's only because it's not Thirteen Ghosts)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Alien Versus Predator 2 :Requiem

I quite liked the first one, in a mindless, entertaining way. This however is a massive pile of shit. The fact that the only thing this director appears to have done before the film is Nickelback video tells you how utterly irredeemable this film.

1.0 (and that's only because it's not Thirteen Ghosts)

It is also RIDICULOUSLY dark. I thought the contrast on my TV was on the blink, but no, it really is practically pitch black throughout most of it.

Utter turd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let us know how good Control is, been meaning to buy it for ages.

===Review===

Hot Rod - 8.2 (Will Ferrell is executive producer)

Very funny film about a young man who wants to follow in his dead father's stuntman footsteps. This film is not about the plot, it's about hilarious dialogue and an intentionally disgusting cheesy 80s soundtrack that is 50% electro 50% classic rock.

For fans of Anchorman, Talledega Nights, Napoleon Dynamite. You know what you're getting. And it's good.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I might watch control later, fyi.

I wanted to watch that tonight but found two DVD's that were due back over a week ago in my room before leaving for work today. So I shall be scurrying past Blockbuster quick drop box rather than renting tonight. Bollocks - 2 films for the cost of £37. Nuts!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is a nice relaxing film. I occasionally see Tom Hanks as a poor man's Bill Murray, but yeah it's a good 'un.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
on tv- mistakenly recorded Red Dawn - 2 hours of American post invasion survival / figtback nonsense... (had expected Red Heat, starring Arnie!)

also Finding Neverland - a rare film, as Kate Winslet kept her clothes on! a bit long winded, and doesnt explain why she fell ill.. soppy ending.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
on tv- mistakenly recorded Red Dawn - 2 hours of American post invasion survival / figtback nonsense... (had expected Red Heat, starring Arnie!)

also Finding Neverland - a rare film, as Kate Winslet kept her clothes on! a bit long winded, and doesnt explain why she fell ill.. soppy ending.

Yeah it does - she got consumption!

Ooops, in the film it's hinted very strongly at consmption - on wiki it says she got cancer.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wall E

I went with great expectations and there was a decent crowd of 50% full for the lunchtime showing.

The animation is stunning, the visuals have raised the bar in this field. I am not a huge animation fan and found Kung Fu Panda great to llokm at but distintly average.

This film is far superior, it has a reasonale story and a very strong eco meassage. Wall E was a cute robot designed surely around Five Alive from Short Curcuit with nods to the big eyes of ET. You rooted for the little guy. The start and end were very strong and the middle portion standard fare.

It was genius in parts and a good film and I would give it 8.0 mainly for technical bravura.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Bucket List

A dark comedy about 2, 70 year old men getting 6 months to live with terminal cancer. They go on a trip to fulfil their bucket list of things to do before they die. I found the fact they could sky dive and climb the pyramids a little far fetched after recoevring from chemo , their energy levels would not be there. Put niggles aside and the film is a decent effort with a strong message and has its moments. 2 of the best actors plying their trade in the business, Freeman and Nicholson help to raise it above the medicore

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I saw Babylon AD yesterday. - It has to be one of the worst films I have seen in a very long time, and I have seen some rubbish films

Babylon AD --> 0.5 / 10

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Saw Rock N Rolla last night, Guy Ritchies latest. I really didn't know what to expect as it had a lot of mixed reviews. After Les scaring the hell out of a few teenagers who wouldn't shut up we settled in for what was a bit of a disappointment. The British mockney thing was so outdated, actors like Jeremy Piven, underused and a shocking lack of anything much happening at all. No Rock and very little Roll. Mark Strong was the best thing about it, a superb actor.

A mildly entertaining, flabby film that will quickly be forgotten until the proposed sequels grace our screens that is.

A watery 4.2

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
White Chicks - 2.1

Shite. Typical American dross with a blank storyline and script with a smattering of beautiful people.

I saw White Chicks as the other half and her daughter thought it was excellent. I sat through it and thought it was a steaming pile of turd. One of the worst films I have ever seen. Also seeing Wall E yesterday which is in places a modern work of genius she fell asleep after about 5 minutes so I have pretty much given up on her as having any sort of a clue when it comes to films.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports