Film 2008

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha! thank you US. I will be turning up on their doorsteps! Les is not attending this function. There are about 12 of us going though and will be good laugh I reckon!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I will be in Dusseldorf and you can look me up also. LeslieLove 696969.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I was Nibble I would be sorely tempted to sign up on the website and send lisas1981 a message and meet up with her.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But he would need to wear a suit(e) !.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If I was Nibble I would be sorely tempted to sign up on the website and send lisas1981 a message and meet up with her.

Nice but not a patch on Trumpetgirl. (if you looked like her would you not use someone elses photo?)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fold away/roll away camping double mattress

What the feck.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Man On Wire

Despite falling asleep a few times in the first half an hour I can report that Man On Wire is well worth a watch. It's all about the French geezer who did a wire walk between the Twin Towers back in the 70's. They have funny voices! The story is told with sincerity and fondness and lots of humour. Go see!

7.2/10

Damn those Duke of Yorks seats though, how is anyone meant to stay awake for a whole film in such luxurious surroundings?

8652.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have not watched many films the alst few months as have had a lot of distractions. Got round to seeing

Rambo 4

Sly who is now built like a portacabin is living in Viernam catching Snakes. He is tracked down to sail his boat to Burma to help stop the attrocities. The Burmese army commit all sorts of murders in the first half of the film. Rambo does not want to know but takes them and drops them off. They are caught and Sly goes back with a renegade band of soldiers including a poor mans Vinnie Jones and the geezer who used to be in Coronation Street to save them.

They get the prisoners out and are tracked down by the Army and the last 15 minutes Rambo gets hold of a f*** off massice machine gun thing and kills about 500 of the army on his own. Bodies splice in 2, limbs fly, intestines spill, blood flows.

The battles scenes were impressive but the whole film was an excuse of gratutious violence for no real reason. Entertaining enough is a sick sort of way but miles down from the triumphant Rocky Balboa hr recently made.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A full review of Mamma Mia will follow in due course.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In Bruges

My cathcing up of recent releases starting last night. This film was a joy in the large part. I am not a great fan of Farrell but he won me over here with a superb and moving performance. Gleeson was perfect as his co hit man and Ralph Fiennes made a decent deranged hit man boss.

It had a dark comedic touch with the first 75 minutes having some superb laugh out loud moments. The pacing is slow but the scenery of Bruges shows what a beautiful city it is. The ending did not match the first 2/3rd of the film and became a little contrived to tie up the loose ends but overall highly recommended.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dan in real life. Saw it on DVD the other day. Terrific heartwarming little film, except for last five mins. Check it out. US - I think you would like it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mamma Mia

Well I did it , yes on my birthday I succumbed and went not only to see Mamma Mia but the sing a long version I will have you know.

Well what can i say ?. The film is FUN. It rattles along on the premise of a story about 3 possible fathers being there for the wedding of their possible daughter who all had it off 20 years ago with the Mother.

Its just an excuse really for a repartoire of Abba songs with the backdrop of beaufitul Greek Islands, lots of sun, sea and booze.

Streep throws everything into it and she has a half decent singing voice having done musicals before, the one that really lets her hair down is Julie Walters . The 3milfs and strong cast sing a multitude of songs and Brosnan even weighs in with a couple of passable stabs at singing .

The fact is that the songs are so well put together, paced and choreographed you don't care they are not professional singers and with the music and professional backing singers they get away with it.

The highlights being a superbly done Dancing Queen and a moving Winner takes it all, 2 of the greatest pop songs of all time in differerent ways imo.

A decent turnout of 2/3 full and a round of appluase from the Abba devotees at the end and everyone went home happy.

A cold hearted cynic and fun hating person would slag this off, the rest accept it and go along with it and it puts s smile of your face which is exactly what the Doctor ordered this shite year.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just come back from a viewing of the Eurostar advert Somers Town. Not entirely unpleasant to watch, but the funding was clear and the ill-written script, much emptier than the arty mumblecore emitted by Canadian film-college students on screen, left it typically uni-layered for a Meadows piece. The pluses were occasional moments of humour and the knowledge that Kings Cross can look pretty in black'n'white. Otherwise it's just, as the review i read said, an afternoon BBC play-of-the-day.

I went to watch Jules et Jim yesterday though, trying to up my Truffaut nous. Quite enjoyable and comically tragic in places, but the extravagances of these seemingly over-soulful, inconsequential mood-changers had me not entirely rapt. A good show though in general; playful and cavalier and shot with moments of docu-drama to most likely let us know how unreal the torture was inside and how little care the characters had for the world that spin around them.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Cool Runnings
10/10, i supported the brave Jamaican bobsled team far more than i did our crappy athletes, anyone who disagrees is a racist. Or a member of the PC Lobby

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I don't read or write reviews, as I think every film should unfold in front of you without expectations!

London to Brighton (8.9) Great stuff.
Brokeback Mountain (8.8) Far far better than I expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports