Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Film 2008

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I laughed out loud at the giant flacid dildo strapped to the bonnet of his car. And there were loads of subtle, clever little gags demonstrating everyones utter stupidity all over the place, often in the background. I like films that do that.

very funny, saw this yesterday. 7.8

''coming up next on ow my balls'':D

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was well filmed and the Normandy beach scenes were superb but overall the acting was good but not an oscar performance from anyone no way and the story was mildly interesting , the twist at the end was weak and a convenient tail end. Overall disspointing after all the hype

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Brave One

Jodie Foster is my all time favourite actress she is superb in everything she does and this is no exception. After she and her fiance were brutally beaten up for no reason in which he died she basically becomes a reluctant law enforcer on the streets of New York wasting all the low life she stumbles across.

She gets cozy with the Police Officer looking into her case who himself is frustrated with the red tape and weaknessless of the law so he ends up sympathising with her motives particularly at the end when he is party to wasting the scum who beat her fiance to death.

Foster was very good as usual particularly and it was a decent revenge movie with nods to Deathwish.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Atonement - it was ok but not an oscar worthy film , pretty but all style and little substance imo

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Atonement - it was ok but not an oscar worthy film , pretty but all style and little substance imo

You've said that 3 times already - just because you don't agree with my view doesn't mean if you repeat yourself until you're blue in the face will mean that i will change my mind!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
oh go on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Alice in the Cities yesterday. Great movie.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
There Will Be Blood.

saw this yesterday. for the first time in years, will be going back to the cinema to see the same movie again.

see this movie. oh my, it's good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rocky IV
Pure 80's cheesefest with Balboa up against the giant Russian fella. Terrible music, cringeworthy acting, god-awful script, cliche's leaping out of every scene, predictable ending, gay shorts, ridiculous attempt at a political statement.

Bloody LOVED every minute. Fantastic entertainment.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Transformers

Haven't watched the last half hour yet and not sure I will.

Script wasn't great, editing was surprisingly poor, typical Michael Bay looking shots, Shia La Fuckwit is irritating, characters are poorly drawn especially the robots who seem to have no disernable personality except in some stupid scene where they are trying to hide in La Fuckwit's garden.

Effects are good and Megan Fox is unbelievable fit.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah i got an eyeful of There Will Be Blood last night. Good stuff. The performances obscenely grandiose and vastly theatrical, but the story and it's sometimes tender slowness makes it all most watchable. Had a bit of a Heaven's Gate feel to the look, fields of opportunity swaying in the emotive breeze. DDL gives an oscar-winning display, but that's not necessarily a complete compliment. It's huge, but excessively unworldly. What i liked most was the beginning and the whole sense of undeveloped, unprocessed gloom, and the blind, crippling toil of digging hopefully and desperately for black gold. The devilish machinery of progress then moves in when chance is found.
Well worth a viewing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Transformers

Haven't watched the last half hour yet and not sure I will.

Script wasn't great, editing was surprisingly poor, typical Michael Bay looking shots, Shia La Fuckwit is irritating, characters are poorly drawn especially the robots who seem to have no disernable personality except in some stupid scene where they are trying to hide in La Fuckwit's garden.

Effects are good and Megan Fox is unbelievable fit.

In your history of silly posts Les, that just about tops the lot. How can you review a film when you did not watch the last 30 minutes :dunce::jester:, the best 30 minutes of the film infact when it all comes together, ridiculous :dunce::jester:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mr Woodcock

Teenage kids wanted to watch this. I rather silly film about a PE teacher who beasted a boy and then later in life said Boy had become successful and came home to find his Mother dating said PE teacher. Silly japes ensue but it did have a few laugh out loud moments I have to say.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also Les and Meade are intellecturally and morally superior to the likes of you and me Easy and would not lower themselves to enjoy a film the vast majority of the unwashed masses had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here