Film 2008

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Its Awwwlwaaays a Joilly Hoilidaay with yeew Maary Paaawpuns!

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I went to see Dan in real life on friday, it was good - more little miss sunshine than 40 year old virgin, which suits Steve Carell more.

It was funny in places and went along at the right pace.

Agreed, went in with little expectation so was pleasantly surprised.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Oscar nominations are out today. I would like to see Amy Adams for Enchanted be nominated for best female actress as she was a absolute Joy in a difficult role but I think they will go for the heavyweights in serious roles type format as usual.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Oscar nominations are out today. I would like to see Amy Adams for Enchanted be nominated for best female actress as she was a absolute Joy in a difficult role but I think they will go for the heavyweights in serious roles type format as usual.

www.oscar.com/nominees/index?pn=index# :

Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Julie Christie for Away From Her
Marion Cotillard for La Vie en Rose
Laura Linney for The Savages
Ellen Page for Juno

I'd like to see Marion Cotillard win it, but they'll never give it to her becasue she's a cheese-eating surrender monkey.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was right then.

Still any " Academy " who gives best supporting actor Oscar to Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive over Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List cannot be taken too seriously.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or gives the Best Picture award in 1990 to Dances with Wolves instead of Goodfellas.
Or Forrest Gump over Pulp Fiction and Shawshank.

DUH.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its ALRIGHT
But its NOT better than Pulp Fiction or The Shawshank Redemption.

CLEARLY.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
People love or hate Forrest Gump there is no middle ground, personally I am in the former camp , its a great film 8.3

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But not as good as

Pulp Fiction 8.5
Shawshank Redemption 8.9

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And getting on my Spielberg bandwagon

Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les, you won't be too suprised to hear I disagree but seriously old chum you can't serious think Shakespeare in Love is a better film than Saving Private Ryan ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Transformers has been nominated for 3 oscars I see.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Les, you won't be too suprised to hear I disagree but seriously old chum you can't serious think Shakespeare in Love is a better film than Saving Private Ryan ?.

Of course not.

You however are definately wrong about the bookends. Terrible, sentimental, tacked on after thought. It's almost as if he went back and reshot them after losing confidence in the editing suite.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les , its a film with it American heart on its sleeve for sure, make no bones about that, maybe Spielberg felt honouring millions of American war dead was a tribute worth editing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are they effects based? Not seen it myself but got to be in there for effects somewhere?

Yes technical awards but still Oscars none the less.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Les , its a film with it American heart on its sleeve for sure, make no bones about that, maybe Spielberg felt honouring millions of American war dead was a tribute worth editing.

I can see why you love Speilberg when you use emotional blackmail like that.

Tom Hank's character dying for what he believed in, freedom, has far more impact than old man Ryan grizzling in front of a grave stone as the American flag provides a back drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports