Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 14

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Got Pro Evo this year, stunning game and won't be looking back. The depth of the gameplay is fantastic, okay manager mode isn't as good but The gameplay itself is so varied, love it.

This. I've been buying both FIFA and PES for a couple of years now, and in my opinion PES is back on top. FIFA looks very nice and pretty, but PES blows it out of the water for gameplay, it's just a pity EA play dirty over the licencing which kills the competition for most, although you only have to download a small file which corrects all the kits and stadiums. For me FIFA=arcade, PES=simulation

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Downloaded the iOS version last night, New touch controls are pretty good. Have to pay £2.99 in app purchase for manager mode though which I probably will at some point.

Free on Google play, and pretty decent too. Agree that the touch controls are pretty good.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
FIFA 14 Leo and Calde.jpg

My custom PS3 cover if anyone is interested. My first go on Photoshop.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The game is pointless I played it at a friends house who has a chipped Xbox and its literally the most scripted rubbish ever, I loved the FIFA series up until 11/12 but hated FIFA 13 and 14 is just the same, ridiculous scripting this is no word of a lie he was Real Madrid and I was Brighton, and Calde was regularly outpacing Ronaldo, anyone who plays this game will see what I mean. Always been a fan of FIFA have got 99-12 all kept and looked after, but I think EA have over complicated the game and not put enough of their efforts into actually improving the dynamics of the game. I might even try Pro Evo this year, FIFA is like a franchise that knows it has so many loyal fans this it can slack on game development and people will still pay £40 for a ("game that's not even really different.

Found pro Evo 2008 the other day and obviously although not as good of a game, the actual realism of the game is probably closer to reality than any of the latest FIFAS.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
To add to my comment about PES being better, I've had FIFA for a couple of days on the early bird thing as I had a season pass from when I purchased NHL 13 a while back. I've already worked out how to score the 'FIFA goal' which always goes in, which already renders it boring. OK the presentation looks slick, but manager mode is over complex and the menu screens take so long to switch between them, the same for the pause screen etc....

After having PES for a week and the full version of FIFA since Tues, PES still wins. Plus I've downloaded the first option file which corrects all the PL names, kits, badges and and transfers. Next week they're (GTMPesWorld) releasing an update with all the Championship teams, bundesliga and a few others. Can't wait :D

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Downloaded the iOS version last night, New touch controls are pretty good. Have to pay £2.99 in app purchase for manager mode though which I probably will at some point.

I may well do this - liked FIFA13 and played it in manager mode. Pretty good deal for the new one for £2.99.

Anyone else got/getting the iOS version?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I might pick up PES if I see it going cheap somewhere, then get FIFA on next gen

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Just picked up a copy from Sainsbury's for my son (complete addict - a copy on at least one platform from 08-13, 14 now) so not expecting to see too much of him at the weekend.

Spend £30 on other stuff and get FIFA14 for £33. Best "in-store" deal I could find. He's paying but I still have to do the leg work to find the best deal!

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I pre ordered from amazon, missed the postman didn't i!! And I gotta wait 6 hours to pick it up :-( my own fault though

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To be fair Pro Evo WAS the better game for absolutely ages. The football purist's choice.

Around 2003 to 2009ish it absolutely SMASHED Fifa to pieces. It was a phenomenal game.

I remember the idea of triple tapping the cross button and firing one in LOW with Roberto Carlos being amazing. And you could actually shoot from distance with someone LIKE carlos and it wouldnt balloon into the sky like on Fifa and you could take a Roberto Carlos freekick and he would do the MASSIVE run up...

I think I liked R.Carlos...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
In the PS2 generation, PES was a far superior game. This current gen, however, FIFA has ruled the roost

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Around 2003 to 2009ish it absolutely SMASHED Fifa to pieces. It was a phenomenal game.

I remember the idea of triple tapping the cross button and firing one in LOW with Roberto Carlos being amazing. And you could actually shoot from distance with someone LIKE carlos and it wouldnt balloon into the sky like on Fifa and you could take a Roberto Carlos freekick and he would do the MASSIVE run up...

I think I liked R.Carlos...

Absolutely THIS - I was Pro Evo pretty much the exact same era as you. It was LIGHTYEARS ahead of the cartoony FIFA at the time. Adriano having a HORRIFICALLY powerful shot as well, scoring 30 yarders with him was FUN.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Not really true, fifa only got good in 2009, fifa 08 was a pile of shit, you could score from anywhere on the pitch. Fifa 10 was when it finally caught PES.

Got this spot on there, I used to play PES on the PS2, remember patching the games to have the kits and that, the kits actually looked better then FIFA! But FIFa got good in 09, Fifa 12 was a revoloution. Im still to really get on with this years!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I miss the days of the Champions League games. Remember the version from the late 90's/early 2000's where there was some glitch where you just shot from kick off and it went straight through the keeper's legs.

Also, anyone remember this bad boy? The players looked like little pixelated chipolatas running around the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here